Confident {nightingale.}

Twenty-Three.

Gone?

Define gone.

Gone: no longer present; departed.

"Cailin, why do you feel gone?" She asked.

"I don't feel, I am." I replied faintly.

"You're gone?"

"Basically." I replied.

"Can you explain how so."

"I feel like hell. I'm overwhelmed, I'm alone. Ever since my mother died, I've been this way. I've bottled it all up, until now which is why I'm afraid, I'm gone."

"Every time we talk, you bring your mother up, I'm sensing she's the reason for your trouble."

I remained quiet.

"Cailin, what would you do if you found out your mother was alive?"

"What kind of question is that? Do you believe in resurrection?" I asked.

"Cailin, answer the question."

"I don't know. How would you react if someone who left you at a young age bailed on you and thought was dead came back into your life?"

"This isn't about me, Cailin."

"-You can't answer it either. No one can answer that question." I replied as she remained quiet.

"Cailin, you've been showing huge progress and you only have one more week left, next Sunday your out of here. Why are you holding back?"

"Are we done yet?" I asked.

"No Cailin, we're not."

"I thought my dad was visiting me today to take me out, where is he?"

"He cancelled, however, you have someone else visiting you today and you can't see them until after our session has ended fully."

"Who's visiting me?"

"Cailin, focus on our session, please."

"We only have five minutes left to talk for the day."

"Okay, fine." I replied.

"Do you know you remember your mother's name?"

"Yes. It was Rene."

"How about her middle name?"

"No. I never had the chance to ask her and my dad doesn't like to talk much about her after everything that's happened. My mother was his first love and only love and she broke his heart from time to time and eventually she made it easier for him to move on after she left us."

"What was it like, without her?"

"It wasn't actually that bad. I grew up. Bonded with my dad, it was fun."

"Was it hard for Scott?"

"Yeah. To this day I still think it does. He gave up music just for my mother and my father recently just went back into the music industry as you know, but for giving up something he loves just for us to be a family, that was hard for him, considering the downfall."

"Does apart of you wish you were never born? So you wish none of this happened to Scott or Rene?"

"Yes. Everyday I believe that if I was never born, things would be so much easier for the both of them." I replied faintly.

"You know your wrong right? Nothing in life comes easy, and your life is worth living, Cailin. You may not see that, but it is."

"Then why do people leave?" I cried out.

"Because their afraid." She replied.

"Are you afraid, Dr. Smith?"

"Each and everyday." She replied.

"The session is now over Cailin, you can go now. Your visitor is outside in the back. As you know, if your leaving the premises you have to come back here and tell me and I have to grant you permission and contact your father as told, understood?"

"Yes." I replied as I got up and walked towards the door.

"Oh and Cailin-" She said as I turned back to look at her.

"I'd do anything to have my daughter again."

She said as I smiled and walked away.

-

-

-

I waited in the back and stood by the bushes with flowers. My back turned away from the door. I was the only one outside. It appeared no one else had visitors at this time.

'I see recovery has been working successfully." A voice said in a distance as I smiled and turned back.

"It wasn't easy." I added and continued to smile as he walked closer towards me and hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."