Confident

Seventeen.

When I first woke up,

everything was a blur.

'Cailin?' My father said rising up from his seat and quickly walked over by my side and hovered over me as my eyes started to open slowly.

'Doctor, she's up!' He announced yelling out the door and rushed back to my side and held my hand tightly and kissed it.

'I thought I lost you, baby girl.' He muttered.

I closed my eyes once more just see what it felt like then opened it back.

The doctor and nurses rushed in and took the tubes that were helping me breathe off of me so I could breathe on my own and regain my strength.

'I'll be right back, I'm gonna go call Justin so he knows that your awake.' My father said walking out the room.

'It's nice to see your finally awake, Ms. Russo, how are you feeling?'

My mouth was dry.

'Fine.' I replied bitterly.

'We don't want you moving too much since you just woke up and after how much cocaine was in your system, your still recovering, so your going to stay here until tomorrow morning, around eleven.'

'But tomorrow-'

I coughed.

'Tomorrow is my boyfriend's birthday, I can't be here.'

'I'm afraid you have to, if there's anything else we can do to help please let us know.'

'Can I have some water, please?' I asked politely.

'Of course.' He replied as he handed me over a cup of water.

'When your father comes back in, we'll talk about your therapy sessions, okay?'

'My what?'

I choked.

I just woke up and everything was happening so fast. I don't even remember being in the hospital, I've been asked so many questions I honestly forgot almost how to think.

'Therapy session. Cailin, the amount of cocaine you took was enough to kill you, you do realize that?'

I remained quiet.

'People have been telling me their worried about you and you haven't been acting the same-'

'People meaning Justin and my father?'

'Yes, but that's not the point.'

'I'm not crazy if that's what your implying.'

'I'm not but Cailin, you need help.'

'Alright, I'm back. Hi sweetie.' My father said stepping back into the room.

'Where's Justin? What did he say?' I asked immediately.

'He's home. He was here waiting for you to wake up the past two days but I sent him home. He said he's happy your awake and can't wait to see you when you get home.'

'I'm not going back home am I?' I asked.

'What?'

'Therapy? This is like that time mom said she was going away for help, you sent her to therapy. So where am I going this time?'

'I'm not sending you away, I just want you away from the media.'

'The media is wherever I am dad, you can't stop them. I'm known for being Justin Bieber's girlfriend, remember.'

'That may be so, but your Scott Russo's daughter.'

'Dad-'

'Cailin, it's what's best for you. You'll be away from the media, from modeling-'

'From Justin?'

'Dad, his birthday is tomorrow! We have plans-'

'I only want the best for you, Cailin.'