Confident

Nine | Part Two.

-

-

-

-

After spending the day with my dad, I went in my bedroom to get ready for tonight. My dad and I have been out and about all day around Los Angeles. He's hardly ever here and when he is, he loves to experience it while he can. I placed my romper on the bed along side with my necklace and bracelets as I grabbed my black boots and placed them near the bed. Just as I was about to go in the shower,

Justin texted me;

'Plane just landed. I'll be home soon. I'll pick you up when I'm done getting ready.'

I smiled.

I was excited that he was back, I missed him honestly.

We just started dating and he already

had to leave and go somewhere else.

But now he's back.

I placed my phone back on the bed and went into the bathroom and started to strip my clothes and went into the shower and started to scrub myself.

Afterwards,

I grabbed my towel and dried off and went back in the bedroom and started getting ready.

"Cailin! Justin's here!" My father announced.

"Don't scare him away!" I yelled back as I was strapping my bra hook together.

Afraid that my father would,

I quickly got dressed and placed a little make-up on and my boots.

Then I grabbed my bag and opened the bedroom door and walked out and went into the living room to see Justin and my dad talking.

"Good, I thought he scared you off."

"Now why would I do that?" He asked as I snorted.

I looked over at Justin as he looked back.

"Wow, you look-"

"Beautiful." My father said interrupting Justin.

Justin smiled.

"What he said." He added.

I started smiling.

"Thank you. Both of you." I replied as I fixed the strap of my bag.

"Here let me carry that." Justin said as he grabbed it.

"Alright, dad. I'm leaving now I'll see you tomorrow." I said heading towards the door.

"Tomorrow? Wha-"

"Bye!" I said as I closed the front door shut.

"Your dad seems nice." Justin said as we both laughed.

"Did he scare you?"

"Nah."

"Oh yeah I forgot, you've handled the whole meeting the parents thing already." I replied.

"It's not that easy parents, but your dad is cool, honestly."

"I guess."

"You never told me, what happened to your mom." Justin said as he opened the passenger car door for me as I sat down and he closed the door and came around and sat in the driver seat.

"She's dead."

"Aw, shit. Cai, I'm sorry-"

"It's okay, don't worry."

"You miss her?"

Honestly?

"No."

"I'm sorry, babe. Can we change the subject?" I asked as I reached over and started kissing his neck as he drove.

"I missed you." I whispered.

"I missed you too." He replied back.

"Are you going to tell me what were doing tonight?"

"We're here." He announced as the car stopped.

"Why are we behind the park?"

"Come on. Get out." He added as he got out the car as I followed him behind as he locked the door.

"Close your eyes-"

"Justin."

"Come on." He said as he placed my hands over my eyes as he guided me.

We continued walking and then he took my hands off my eyes.

"Okay, open." He announced as I saw lights flicker.

He had a blanket set out on the ground underneath this old tree and placed paper lanterns surrounding it with a picnic basket in the middle of the blanket.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He said as he handed me a bouquet of roses.

I started smiling.

A lot.

"You didn't have to do all this, you know I would've been fine just at home with you."

"You will be. Why do you think I told you to pack a bag?"

I stayed quiet.

"I want to spend the night with you." Justin replied.

"Okay." I said smiling as we took a seat on the blanket.

We started talking.

Justin started talking about what happened the past few weeks while he was spending time with his family.

He showed me videos of Jazzy and Jaxon and pictures of his new tattoos.

"You know, my parents actually asked about you-"

"They did?" I asked curiously as I took a bite of the chocolate covered strawberries.

"Yeah. They want to meet you-"

I choked.

"You don't have to if you don't want to-"

"I do. You just caught me off guard."

"Nervous?" He asked.

"Never. I'm confident, remember." I replied and kissed him.

"Ya finished?" He asked as he finished up eating.

"Yeah." I said packing up.

"Alright, let's head home." He said as he got up and helped me up as we cleaned up the area.

After cleaning up we got in the car,

Drove back to Justin's house and changed into comfortable clothes.

I wore an oversized tee shirt and wore no bottoms except for my briefs.

Justin wore no shirt and a pair of sweats and we laid on the couch flipping through the channels looking for something to watch.

I never felt so comfortable with someone before in a long time.

Everything with him made sense.

I was starting to actually realize the meaning of true,

Love.