Confident

Thirty-One.

"Okay, Justin and Kendall we want the both you to be the spokesperson for Calvin Klein. We both want shots of you wearing our material, but also advertising it to your fans. Couple tweets, Instagram posts, that kind of thing to get the people interested in our new line." A guy said as he began off the meeting as a PowerPoint presentation played.

"Of course you'll be getting paid. We're thinking about from $71,000 to $98,000, does that sound okay?" One of the representatives of Calvin Klein said as I sat uncomfortably in the chair.

The PowerPoint continued as it showed past spokespersons for CK and examples of how they endorsed for the company. They continued to explain the concept of the endorsement and what they had planned for us. It seemed professional and it looked like they knew what they were talking about, and I was actually glad Scooter set this up.

"Sounds good." I said in agreement as looked over at Kendall to see what she was going to say.

"Kendall?" One of the reps asked.

"Sounds great." She replied dully.

"What's wrong? You don't like our plan?"

"No, it's not that I don't like it, it's just a bit different from what I'm used to doing."

"Don't worry about that, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. It's actually quite simple. Now for the contract."

"What's wrong?" I whispered to Kendall.

"Nothing, I just-"

"Okay. I want you both to sign here, here, there, and right here." The guy said as he flipped through the pages of the contract he passed both of us separately.

"I don't know about, this." Kendall muttered.

"Actually, can we both get back to you on the contract and look over it before we sign it, officially."

"Sure. How about we give you both until, next week. We'll call and confirm you're position on everything and see if you guys are able to do the job and signed the contract, if not we'll move on to the next celebrity endorsement choice."

"Alright, got it. Thank you." I replied as I got up along with Kendall as she grabbed her shoulder bag and placed the chain around her shoulder.

"We'll be in touch. Ms. Jenner, Mr. Bieber."

-

-

-

"You okay?" I asked as we got in the elevator going back down to the lobby.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, it's whatever."

"You can talk to me you know, Kendall."

"Justin, look I appreciate it, okay? But seriously it's nothing."

"Okay." I muttered as the elevator doors open at the lobby.

"You want to get something to eat?"

"Yeah, sure." Kendall replied as we walked to the front door of the building.

'Yeah, hello?' I said answering my phone.

'How was the meeting?'

'It was fine. I have to look over the contract though and get back to them next week.'

'Alright. Where are you now?'

'In the lobby, waiting for Patrick with Kendall.'

'How's Kendall?'

'She's fine, we're about to go get something to eat.'

'Alright, we'll I leave you to it then. We'll talk later.' He added.

'Okay, bye.' I said and hung up the phone as I heard a car horn beep from outside as I looked up to see the car outside.

'Alright, it's here. Come on.' I said putting my hood over my head and opened the door as Kendall stepped out and opened her umbrella and walked towards the car as I opened the door for her and let her close her umbrella and then stepped inside along with her.

"How was the meeting?" Patrick asked as we put our seat belts on and he began to drive off.

"It was fine. Can you take us to-"

"Hey, where do you wanna go?"

"Panera Bread?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Pat, can you take us to the nearest Panera Bread?"

"Sure, no problem. How are you Kendall? How's everyone?"

"I'm good and everyone's fine, thanks for asking. What about you?" She replied.

"Never better." He added.

After a while the rain stopped and it started drizzling. The windows were still foggy and everything was a mess and there was puddles everywhere. We got to Panera Bread and was recognized and took pictures with people who asked and signed autographs along with it. We sat down ordered and paid, then was served and talked for a while and ate.

"Shit." I said as I set my drink down.

"What's wrong?" Kendall asked sitting on the opposite side of me with her back away from the door.

"Media." I replied.

"I think they followed us here."

"You wanna leave?"

"Nah. Finishing eating."

"No, it's fine. I'm done."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." She replied as she got up and pushed her chair in as we left and went out the door to where Patrick was parked.

'Kendall!'

'Justin!'

'Kendall are you and Justin secretly dating?'

'Kendall!'

'Kendall is this why you and Selena aren't friends anymore?'

'Kendall! Justin!' They repeated as we got in the car and left.

"I fucking can't stand them." I said as Kendall laughed.

"I know, me too. Just ignore them." She replied.

"See, I got you to smile."

She continued smiling.

"Look, I'm going to be honest with you. I don't want to take this endorsement."

"So why did you-"

"My mom." She replied.

"I'm not going to sign the contract."

"Well if you don't sign it, who's the next female celebrity endorser?"

"Cailin Russo." Kendall replied.