Confident

Ten.

"Selena Gomez receives flowers yesterday evening from a secret lover, could that still be her ex, Justin Bieber?"

Why the fuck is my name always on the headlines and in people's mouth, I thought to myself.

The past few weeks things were going great.

Cailin and I started dating.

The media was actually being nice and not being the fucking judgmental assholes that they are,

And I was writing new music.

Everything was great.

At least it was.

"Did you send flowers to her?"

"No! Cailin, why the fuck would I send flowers to her?"

"You said it yourself, you'll always still love and care about her! It's not fucking fun all the time going around with people asking me how do I feel knowing my boyfriend loves another woman who isn't me? Your not helping the fact! Especially by sending that bitch flowers!" Cailin yelled.

"Don't you trust me?" I asked.

"Of course I trust you, it's just-"

"So then why are you doubting me?" I asked curiously.

"If you were in my position, you'd be the same way."

"No I wouldn't."

She laughed.

"You don't know me, Cailin."

"You don't know me either, Justin."

"Maybe we shouldn't have rushed right into this." She said softly.

"What are you talking about?"

"I think-"

"Cailin. No, come on. Don't listen to the media, they do this all the time. I swear, I did not send Selena flowers, okay?"

"If you still don't believe me, I'll give you her number and you can call her-"

"No. I believe you. I hope your not lying to me, you asshole." She said as I opened my arms as I pulled her in for a hug.

"It's cute seeing you get all jealous." I added.

"I wasn't getting jealous, I was just being protective of what's mine." She replied.

"Mine?"

"Yes. Your mine, your claimed as mine. Okay?"

"Okay."

"We should go somewhere." I said as I continued to hold her.

"Where?" She asked as she pulled apart.

"Just away from the world, for a while. Go change." I replied back.

"Okay, hold on." She said running off into the bedroom to go change her clothes as I grabbed my jacket and Vans and put them on as Cailin got ready.

A few minutes later,

she came out and we left.

I came upon this place when I first came to California.

I was young and still trying to figure things out for myself as a teenager and as a famous singer.

The media was always on my back and everything that's happened in my life has happened so fast, I would come here to calm down and just..

Get Away.

"I came here when things weren't right in my life. I first found out about this place around the time I heard my parents were splitting up. This is actually where I wrote, Down To Earth. I ran off, I know it's stupid but-"

"No, baby. It's not. It's nice knowing you were a little rebel running away and stuff. Tell me more about here-"

"No one's ever been here with me or known about it, except you." I added.

"I want to share this with you. Any problems or worries your having, just come here, even if I'm not here to share them with you. Whenever your hating yourself or the world doesn't agree with you, just come here and close your eyes and everything will be alright." I continued.

"I know it hasn't been easy for us, with-"

"I don't want easy. Easy's boring." Cailin replied smiling.

I smiled.

"Life is all about risks." She added.

I remained quiet as I looked at her.

"What?" She said smiling.

"You amaze me, you know that?"

"Is this just another way to kiss me again? Because if so, it's working." She said coming closer to me and started to kiss me.

Foot steps sounded behind us.

"Cailin." Someone called out.

We stopped kissing.

Cailin pulled away and turned around as her face expression changed.

"Alex?"