Confident

Nine | Part One.

"Happy Valentine's Day."

Normally on Valentine's Day, I'd be the type to be pissed at the world and hate the whole idea of people pretending the love each other for one day and getting all pretty for each other and acting like the actually care about each other when in reality they want to rip each other's throats out.

But not today.

Today was different.

For once in two years,

I had a valentine.

Justin.

I sighed.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I mumbled over the phone as I replied back to Justin.

"You sound tired, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, different time zones, babe." I replied back and yawned.

"Oh, yeah. Shit, I forgot."

"When you gonna be home?"

"In few hours. I have something planned special for us tonight."

"It's a surprise isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Ugh, I hate surprises." I whined.

"You'll get over it."

"Can you at least tell me what were doing?"

"No. All I'm going to tell you is wear red and pack an overnight bag."

"W-wait, what? Justin-"

"See you tonight, babe." He said and hung up as the phone beeped in my ear.

I sighed.

I hated surprises,

I was always curious

and my curiosity always ruined

the surprise.

Wear red, I thought to myself.

I got up out of the bed and walked over to my closet and looked for anything red that I owned.

A romper.

A red lace romper.

I grabbed it and went over to the mirror and placed the romper in front of me to imagine how I would look with it on.

Typical girl, I know.

But, I thought it would look nice so I placed it aside.

I went into the bathroom and started to wash my face and brush my teeth.

Afterwards,

I went to the kitchen and started to cook some breakfast for myself to eat.

After eating, I sat on the couch and watched tv.

My phone started to ring as the Caller ID appeared as;

Dad.

I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, kiddo."

"Hey dad, what's up?"

"I'm in town right now and I was wondering if you wanted to spend time with your old man this Valentine's Day-"

"Wait, your-"

"Unless you have plans with Justin? Then we can just do something this weekend-"

"No! I mean, I do. But he's not going to be back until tonight, so we can spend the day together."

"Alright. Great, I'll see you soon I'm on my way."

"Okay, bye." I replied as I hung up the phone and placed it back on the coffee table as I waited for my father to arrive.

After waiting,

and waiting.

He came.

"Cailin!"

"Cail?"

"Cai.."

"I'm here. I'm here." I repeated as I said walking out of the bathroom.

"Well come and hug me, kid." He said dropping his bag on the ground.

I walked towards him with his arms wide opened as he greeted me.

"It's good to see you, daddy." I said softly.

"It's good to see you too, sweetie." He replied as he held me tight close to him.

"How've you been?" I asked curiously as I picked his bag up off the floor and walked to the guest room.

"Eh, touring and recording."

"Sounds fun."

"Not as fun as dating Justin Bieber?"

"Haha. Nice way to change the subject."

"When am I going to meet this guy?"

"I'm not sure your ready to meet him.."

"Why do you say that?" He asked curiously.

"Because your you." I replied back as I placed the bag on the bed.

"How long are you staying?" I added.

"Until Monday, don't worry you'll have the place back to yourself-"

"No, it's not that. It's just I hardly see you anymore." I replied.

"It's a part of growing up, Cailin. Don't worry, just because were apart doesn't mean I care for you any less."

"Speaking of caring, where's Phoebe?"

"Phoebe, is in Vegas taking care of some business back in the studio that I left so I could come spend a few days with my daughter." He replied as he picked me up.

"Your not getting any younger!" I squealed as he started to carry me out the room.

"And your not getting any smarter, so that makes two of us." He replied as he dropped me on the couch and then took a seat next to me.

-

-

-

-