Confident

Twenty-Nine.

When I woke up, I went into the bathroom got ready and changed. Coachella was over and those who were staying, stayed while everyone else was leaving.

As my father checked out, I waited outside with Nikko waiting for the car to pull up to take us to the airport.

"So, I heard you and dad talking last night-" Nikko said starting off.

"I'm sorry, I know how cranky you get when-"

"No, Cailin. I heard you talking about Rene." He added.

"Oh." I replied softly.

"Is that why you came in the car that day crying? You saw her didn't you?" He asked.

"Look, Nikko. It's a lot more complicated than that."

"What did she say to you?"

"Nikko-"

"What? You're not gonna tell me?"

"I don't want to think about Rene. I don't want to speak about Rene, all my life all I ever did was be concerned about Rene!" I said getting irritated.

"And what dad said about love. Your actually going to sit back and listen to him give advice on love, don't you see where that's got him?"

"Nikko, I doubt you out of all people know anything about love."

"I know love isn't sitting around waiting for someone to put up with your shit when your not even grateful that their trying their best to work things out but your to blind to realize it."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"You know exactly what I'm trying to say, Cailin."

"No, I don't know what your saying exactly." I added as my father came outside and stood next to us.

"Okay, I finished checking out, now where's the car?"

"Oh there it is, come on guys. We can't miss our flight." He added as the driver got out the car and helped us with our bags and then we got inside the car and left.

"Ya know Nikko, Tre is excited to see you. It's been awhile."

"Yeah, I know." Nikko replied firmly.

"What's wrong? You two okay?" He asked turning back.

"We're fine, don't worry." Nikko added.

"Ya sure? Cailin?"

"Yeah, dad. I'm fine." I replied.

"Okay." He replied and turned back around.

I started to rummage through my purse and look for my journal and grabbed a pen along with it and started writing.

I took an interest in writing poems for awhile now. It's kind of weird when you think about it but I love it. I started writing when I was staying in New York at the time.

I placed the ink to the book and started to write;

Writing often helps those

lost troubled souls.

Those weary souls,

Souls yet so dreary.

A long escape through writing.

In which the writer goes

out to set.

A journey set out to seek.