Confident

Twenty-Eight.

He performed with Chance as I stood with the crowd and looked at him. Looked at him, live life, he looked happy, happier I should say.

I'm such an dumbass for letting him go. It was a mistake. I was upset. I was jealous. A lot was going on at the time and I didn't believe he was over Selena as he claimed.

And I was right.

After Justin finished performing he hugged someone backstage. Someone who appeared to be a girl.

You're probably saying;

But that doesn't mean anything?

But it does.

It does due to the fact when he came from the stage and met back up with the group, Selena was behind him.

"My nigga was getting lit up there." Za said as a few peopled laughed.

Justin stopped laughing,

"I had fun tho."

"Yeah, let's go now." I said turning around as Nikko and Rachel followed me.

"Yo, Cai where you going?" Za asked as I stopped and turned around the same time Justin did giving him enough time to acknowledge my existence.

"Oh, Cailin. I didn't-"

"Good job up there, looked like it was a lot of fun." I said as I looked at him and then turned my eyes to look at Selena holding his hand back. His face expression went dull.

"Look, Cailin can we talk?"

"We'll talk later? You should get back to whatever your doing." I replied as I turned back around and continued walking away.

"Cailin wait!" I heard Justin say behind me as I ignored him and continued walking.

"Cailin!" He repeated as he grabbed my arm.

"Justin look, just do what your doing and I'll do what I'm doing, okay?"

"But, Cai-"

"Okay?"

He sighed as he let go of my arm.

"Okay." He replied as I stood there quietly and turned around and caught back up with everyone else.

"Hey, you guys were gone for a long time."

"Sorry, I got distracted." I replied.

"Where'd everyone else go?" Rachel asked.

"To get drinks." My father replied.

"I think we should go look for them." Rachel suggested.

"Alright. You girls have fun, Nikko and I will just hang around here."

"Alright." I said walking off with Rachel to meet up with the rest of our friends.

Music blasted through the speakers as people danced.

"There you guys are." Rachel said as we made our way through the crowd and met up with Jen, Jules, and Alden.

"Where else would we be?" Alden asked as Jen and Jules laughed.

"You guys want a drink?" Jules asked as I remained quiet.

"Oh yeah, I forgot your sober. I'm sorry, Cai."

I nodded and looked away as I bobbed my head to the beat of the music.

"Look, you got her depressed now." Alden said as she continued to drink.