Blaze

© Twitter grab

One more day til we meet Benjie & Sinag! Happy Sunday, loves!😘

Je found Alden leaning on his desk, both hands covering his face. They were both out on the field most of the morning, finally getting the right pace & momentum of their daily activities.

"We have a serious sanction for people sleeping on the job, pare."

Alden jerked in surprise at Je's booming voice. He buried his face in frustration as he's trying to shake the vision, the feeling of kissing Maine! The feel of her lips against his, her tongue lightly teasing his..
Aaaarrrrggghhh! Enough!!!

"I'm not sleeping, I think I'm slowly going out of my mind."

"Di kaya nanuno ka? You look out of it most days. I'm worried baka bagsakan ka ng yero or bloke ng semento and you'll still wear that dazed expression on your face!"

Alden snorted his reply.

"May problema ba? Hirap ka pa rin bang matulog?"

"Yes, hirap pa rin."

"Miss mo ba mommy mo? Papuntahin mo kaya dito? Hahaha!"

"Gago!"

"Kung di kita kilala, I'd think you're lovestruck! Tsong! Tumi-teenager ka ba?"

He looked thoughtful, then a shadow of a smile appeared on his face, deepening his dimple.

"Ay puta, tama ako?"

"Shut up, Je! I need to leave."

"Sleeping on the job, then not completing your hours! Nakakarami ka na ah!"

"Cover for me, I just need to do something, para matanggal na 'to sa isipan ko. Tsaka ang arte mo I have barely an hour to complete!"

"Yeah, yeah! Pasalamat ka ikaw ang boss!"

"Yes, never forget that!" He slapped Je playfully on the back.

He sat in his car without turning the ignition on. He's got no plan. Anong gagawin ko? Just show up at her doorstep and beg her to sleep with me? Whoa! Desperate much? Shit, I don't even have her number. Ok, I probably can start from there.

Hi, Maine! May I have your number?
Pano kung tatanong bakit? Bakit nga ba?
So I can send you texts whenever I think of you, which is every other second while I'm at work which is very dangerous kasi baka mabagsakan ako ng semento sa ulo blah blah blah!
Jesus! You even sound desperate even to yourself!

Ba't ba ganito nararamdaman ko? This is not the first time I've been around attractive women. I've had my fair share of flings & meaningless, empty sex. Ba't nga ba parang nauulol ako kay Maine?

There's something about her, there's some mystery to her.. she's so comfortable in her own skin. An independent, confident, smart and highly attractive woman. A rare combination these days.

He started the car and headed home. Still not knowing what to do. Or what to say to her. He found himself outside her villa at 5:30 in the afternoon. It looks empty, though.

He turned and went to his quarters to freshen up for dinner. Hmm, gotta prepare for what's ahead. And the promise of LATER!

He's watching the magnificent sunset again while waiting for his food. He clearly remembers their first conversation about the sunset. He smiled.

"Hey!"

He nearly jumped up to hug Maine when he saw her standing in front of his table, wearing a simple white tee and denim cut-offs. Emphasizing her long, tanned legs. He stood up and noticed she's got two plates on her hands.

"Care to join me? It's depressing to eat alone, you know, watching a beautifully heartbreaking sunset?"

"Touchè!" Giggling, she sat down on the chair he pulled for her. Helping her with the plates.

"Wow! Ano yan?"

"The catch of the day, I prepared this, buti na lang andito ka dahil di ko 'to mauubos."

"You caught this?"

"Haha! No, I bought this from the locals, you can sometimes find them here plying their catch. Do you like 'kinilaw'? This is good kasi fresh."

He cannot believe his luck! Having dinner with Maine is like heaven serving him what he prayed for on a silver platter. Kahit bato kakainin niya as long as Maine asks him to.

"Stop staring at me, eat!"

They carried on an interesting conversation while having dinner. He told her about his job, the progress onsite, his mom and dad and how he hates eating alone. She's an attentive listener, interjecting funny anecdotes here and there.

They didn't notice the time and it's nearly 9pm when they walked towards their quarters. The wind started to pick up as he walked her to her door.

"Thank you for joining me tonight, Maine. Ang sarap ng luto mo. I hope this is not the last."

"Ang drama naman! Haha! Actually, naaawa lang talaga ako sa yo kasi lagi kang mag isa kumain."

"Yes, sobrang nakakaawa talaga ako." Pouts.

Her eyes glinted as she stares up at him. Then she made the mistake of licking her lips. He groaned as he dipped his head to kiss her hungrily. God! These lips are so addictive!

But..he felt her push at him again, breaking the kiss as she leaned on his chest. She straightened and he saw a faint smile.

"Thank you for today, Alden."

As she was getting her key..

"Umm, is it too much to ask for your number?"

"Why would you want my number?"

"So I can text you whenever I think of you." Honesty is the best policy!

"Talaga ba? Hahaha!"

Then she extended her hand, asking for his phone so she can enter her number.

"May I have yours, too?"

"Mine?"

"Number mo, ano bang iniisip mo, Alden? Hahaha!"

"Miss call na lang kita."

"Ok then. Goodnight, sleep well!"

Puta magkaka-kalyo na kaliwang palad ko!!!