Fissure

©IYAM promo pic
Mature Content!

"Bwahahaha!" Patingin nga! Tengene!" Nina burst out laughing, she's turning red from so much mirth.

"Kanina lang puro ka reklamo, ngayon naman inaagaw mo na 'tong telepono ko para makita yan!"

"OMG, beshie!!! Look at her!!! Bahahaha!"

"Pintasera ka lang talaga, ang ganda mo kasi!"

"Besh! I'm not even talking about her face yet! Look at what she's wearing, is she for realz???"

"She looks..alright."

"Ayaw mo lang aminin na kahiya-hiya ang pagseselos mo over THAT!"

"Excuse me, hindi ako nagselos! Eh kung yan talaga type nya?"

"Ya think? Do you honestly believe that? Look at her!!! Skank is putting it mildly!"

"Wait, may video. Ito yata ni-link nya sa 'kin. Hmm, posted a few months back."

They watched the video & they cringed at what they just saw. Alden was obviously unconscious, passed out drunk. He was sitting on a chair, his head thrown back at the backrest. Kiera knelt down infront of him and asked him to marry her. Looking at the camera from time to time.

Then she put on a ring, sat on his lap to hug him. They heard a few girls laughing in the background. Then Alden stirred, looked at her and pushed her away & went back to sleep.

"Patay ka ngayon! Kahit i-blowjob mo yon, di ka papatawarin non!" Nina said with a straight face.

"Ang gago mo lang!"

/////

The following morning, Maine is in church with Nana and Papa. Nana looks at her with concern but said nothing. Maine's under eyes are dark, her cheeks hollow. And she's awfully quiet.

Lord, please help my grandchild. Give her a discerning spirit so she may know what to do. Give her strength to face and overcome her daily struggles. And give her the courage to open her heart to love. Amen!

Nana cannot help but worry. She maintained a good & open relationship with her grand daughter but she can also be secretive. Especially with regards to the matters of the heart.

Paglabas nila ng simbahan, Nana held Maine's shoulder then pointed out someone across the street. Her heart skipped when she saw Alden, leaning on his car, wearing a chambray shirt over dark tapered pants. He straightened up when he saw them and approached. Bearing two bouquets of flowers.

"Good morning po! I'm Alden, you must be Nana, it's nice to meet you."

"Hello, iho! Wow! Thank you for the flowers. I'm glad you accepted my invitaion for lunch today. How was your drive back from Manila?"

"Umm, I got in late lastnight. Ma-traffic po ng konti." He gave his drop-dead gorg, sabog ovaries smile.

"Oh sya, andito na si Papa with the car. Kay Alden ka na sumakay, Maine, para di sya maligaw."

He mentally coughed, sa akin ka daw sumakay, Maine! Shit lang! Kalmahin mo dede mo, you're still not off the hook. Masyado ito!

Inside the car, she saw a basket of goodies with wine,
Foie Gras, truffle oil, among others. Maine doesn't know how to react. Her mind is fuddled from lack of sleep. She just remained quiet. Then  gave him directions to where Nana lives.

"Are you okay? You're awfully quiet."

"I'm fine!"

"I hope the invite for lunch still stands, in spite of.."

"Look, Alden, you're here so let's just get this over with." She snapped.

Jeez! Asan na yung sweet na babae na nagtext sa 'kin kahit galit sya? Ano na naman kaya ang problema?

"Ok, fine!" He sighed.

During lunch, he talked to Nana & Papa non-stop. Papa's tickled pink at what Alden brought for them. He excitedly put the Foie Gras in the fridge dahil kakainin daw nya later. Hmm, how come everyone's warming up to him so easily?

He's successfully charming his way into her grandparents' hearts! Sabagay, he can charm the fish out of the water, easily. He talked about his parents, his childhood, how he longed for a sibling para may maka-usap man lang sya. Then she realized, everyone was looking at her.

"Ha?"

"Alden was saying na may pagka-over achiever siya nung bata. Di ba ganon ka rin?" Nana said gently.

"Di naman over, Nana. Sakto lang."

"Sakto-achiever!" Said Alden chuckling to which Nana and Papa laughed.

Wow! Komedyante pa pala! She mentally rolled her eyes. Her headache is now in full swing. They moved to the sitting room, she leaned her head on the backrest of the couch. Alden sat beside her, still chatting up her grandparents like they were besties.
The breeze and their voices lulled her to sleep.

Ang bango! Hmmmm! She nuzzled deeper then she felt being held tighter. She stirred and she's being shushed to go back to sleep. She opened her eyes slowly. Nasa sala pa rin siya ni Nana, then she realized her head is lying in between Alden's neck and chest. She straightened up.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" He smiled at her. Damn!

"Sorry nakatulog ako."

"No problem, you know I'll gladly be your bed."
He said softly.

They stared at each other momentarily.

"Di ka talaga nauubusan? Respeto naman, andito tayo sa mga lola ko."

"Jeez, I'm sorry, your nearness does that to me, Maine! Nakakalasing!"

"I'm kidding, so I think they're napping now. Paalam lang ako para makaalis na tayo."

"Ok, I'll wait here."

Nana went out to say goodbye and to thank Alden again for his pasalubong. Alden kissed her on the cheek and Nana hugged him warmly.

On their way back, they were both quiet. Alden's thinking about what Nana told him while Maine was asleep.

"She looks like she's tough as nails but she's really soft on the inside, vulnerable. She's so used to taking care of people, so used to being the strong one that she forgot how to need someone else. How to depend on someone else other than herself. She took care of her mother all her life. In her mind, she considered her mother weak. She feels lost right now, but she'll find her way back, she always does. Just give her time."

Alden gave her a sideways glance. Noticing the dark circles under her eyes. He clenched his hands to stop him from touching her.

Talk to me, Maine! Just please talk to me.