Plummet

MATURE CONTENT

Alden, Maine and Coldplay in one place! A sky full of stars, indeed!
Posted April 4,2017  2:58pm

He rushed back to the resort for lunch, he didn't waste any time to text her but when he arrived he can't find her. He sent a text in case she's still in a meeting.

"Your lunch is here! Haha! I mean, your lunch DATE is here."

"I like the first one better hahaha! Nasa villa na ako, I have to change my shoes."

"Much better!"

/////

When they walked back to the main lobby, hand in hand, Nina met them carrying a small paper bag. She's smiling at them knowingly.

"Ehem, how was dessert?"

"Shut up, Nins!"

"Kidding, bessie. Here, Alden oh, I packed some lunch for you, my treat. I'm sure late ka na, di ba one hour lang ang lunch?"

"Uy, thanks ha! You didn't have to pero I really appreciate this. Pano, mauna muna ako?" He got the bag and kissed Maine on the cheek.

Maine walked to her office, Nina following behind.

"Alam kong iniiwasan mo ako pero you know me, di mo ako matatakasan."

"Nins, I'm not ready to talk yet."

"When will you ever be? Now be a good girl and spill it. Alam mong di ako aalis dito hangga't di tayo mag uusap."

"Haaay! Dami ko pang gagawin eh."

"So stop wasting time and talk, para makapag trabaho na tayo pareho."

"What do you want to know?" Still avoiding looking at her bestfriend, pretending to type something on her laptop.

"First off, do you know what you're doing?"

Maine groaned and slumped in her seat closing her eyes.

"Ikaw na ang nagsabi that I should date, I should take risks, live a little.."

"Ok, next question, how well do you know each other?"

Maine didn't answer, she closed her eyes again.

"I thought so, I was gone for only one and a half weeks, Maine. Syempre nagulat ako na parang isang taon na kayong mag-asawa kung pano kayo mag-landian."

"Hoy, hindi kami naglalandian, di nga kami nagpi-PDA, wag ka nga!"

"Bes, so anong ginawa nyo kaninang lunch, nag-rosaryo? Mahigit dalawang oras, jusko, may kapatid ba yan?!"

"Hahaha! Shut up!"

"Pero Maine, baka may masasaktan."

"Kilala mo ako.."

"I'm not talking about you."

She looked away and gnawed on her lower lip. That shook her a bit. Kaya mo bang saktan si Alden? She felt a cold hand clutching her heart. As usual, she set it aside, not wanting to think and dwell on it anymore.

"Why don't you slow down on the humping and try to get to know him better, gusto ko yung aura nya, aside from the fact na hong gwopoooohhh!"