Lost

Mature Content

Happy belated 100 Weeks & 23 months!❤️

They went back to his condo to get some stuff for their spur-of the-moment get-away. Maine decided to call Nana while Alden drove home.

"I saw him, Nana."

"And..??"

"I was incoherent, my mind just froze."

"That's expected. Will you see each other again?"

"Yes, we both agreed to do that."

"That's good! I am happy you found him, Meng. You both deserve that. I'm sorry I wasn't much of a help about your father. Your mom was not open about the matters of her heart."

"It's alright, Nana. She probably had her reasons."

"Just take it slow. Don't beat yourself up when your plans don't pan out. Be spontaneous and just go with the flow, okay, love? Give my regards to, Alden."

"Thanks, Nana. See you soon."

Maine is extra sweet and extra chatty, talking about everything that comes to her mind. Notably avoiding any conversation with him about the meeting with her father.

They exited SLEX towards Eton when he decided to turn to her, smiled and pinched her nose gently, making her look at him.

"Talk to me, babe. What's bothering you?"

She sighed deeply. Looking ahead.

"I don't think I did well. I sort of rushed everything. We didn't even talk much kasi naiiyak na ako for some reason. I didn't want to embarrass him sa pagka-emotional ko so I just left."

"I'm sure he'll understand, it's not easy for both of you."

"Sana lang I didn't turn him off, I was being my cold, heartless self na naman! But hiding behind those walls is a very scared little girl." Her voice broke.

"Aaww, baby!" He pulled her close, kissing the top of her head.

"I hope he knows that I was just lost for words, that I can be a good conversationalist, a good listener, too."

"Ok lang yon, I'm sure he's as overwhelmed as you. Remember, he's a recluse. Makulit lang talaga parents ko not leaving him alone that's why they were let in. So, I believe okay lang ang pacing natin. Let's take it one day at a time."

"Okay, boyfriend!" She giggled.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to appear too forward." He said, suddenly serious, a frown slowly forming.

"Huy! Grabe ka, I was just joking."

"How was I to introduce myself to your father, Maine? Alam ko you hate labeling what we have pero.."

"Did you hear me complain? I was just teasing. Don't bite my head off."

"I can't introduce myself as your baby, I'm more than that, I'd like to think I'm more than that. And he's your father. I don't want him to think I'm taking advantage of you. I want to make a good first impression."