Beacon

Because it's almost Fathers Day & I miss my dad.

Mature Content

"Umm, is it possible to see my dad today?" Maine asked out of nowhere.

Alden looked at her in surprise. They were having breakfast, about to plan their slow, easy day off work. He's trying to figure out her countenance.

"Are you positively sure? We can do it over the weekend or we can come back some other day. Don't pressure yourself."

"I'm not, I just woke up with this feeling of purpose, you know? I'm not even apprehensive anymore."

"That's good to hear. I'm so proud of you!" He smiled reaching for her hand. She stood up and climbed up his lap, kissed him and rested her head at the crook of his neck, hugging him tight.

"Thank you, you make me feel like I can take on the world." She whispered. He kissed the top of her head, feeling his body tingle. Shet ang sarap ng ganito!

Their first night at his condo was spent making long, fiery, passionate love. He felt a shift in Maine's demeanor. She's more open, unhurried and focused on just feeling. He never felt so complete, or so happy.

They woke up late and she found herself alone in the room, she went to take a bath while Alden is nowhere in sight.

After her bath she went out in search of him.
She donned on his shirt, only his shirt leaving her legs bare. He's in the kitchen looking for something while the entire place is wafted by the mouth-watering scent of food! The 8-seater table is almost full of the delectable food spread.

"Alden!!! Ano 'to, last meal???" She asked incredulously.

"I didn't know what you like so I ordered what's available on the menu."

"Hala sobrang dami nito!"

"It's ok, after the, ehem, mini marathon last night, we could use a good meal."

"Ahh mini-marathon pala ha?" She chuckled.

"Let me call my mom so she can arrange the meeting with your dad. Who IS not my dad, thank God."

"Hahaha! Move on na tayo, please? I don't want to remember that feeling." She winced.

"Baby, can I have my dessert in the bedroom?"

"You can have your dessert here, on this table. Sturdy naman siguro 'to? Then we can go try the kitchen counter."

"Kahit alam kong niloloko mo lang ako kinikilig pa rin ako." He said, nuzzling her neck.

"Ang lantod mo talaga, no? Pero let's give it a few minutes para di tayo magka-appendicitis."

"A few minutes pa.. like how many more minutes..?"
He asked as he rains kisses along her neck, hands crawling inside the shirt she's wearing.

"To hell with appendicitis!" As she returns his kisses hotly, moving to straddle him.

/////

He's looking out the window. His back is turned from her. He is tall, and quite thin. But his stance is strong and confident. He is looking out to the scene in front of him. The dwindling hues of the sun's glory at the end of the day.

His house is big, but old. Much like the old Spanish houses along Roxas Boulevard. Left in its original beauty, with wrap-around balcony and sprawling garden. It is well-maintained. Like a golden cage for a rare, priced bird. Beautiful, but still a cage.