Silver Lining

Happy Tamang Panahon anniversary!😍

On the day they are to check out of the hospital, from the ICU they moved to a regular room. Alden's cast on his leg is removed. Two orderlies help him to the bathroom where he took a bath sitting down.

His leg is healing nicely but he can't put too much pressure to it yet for total healing hence his need for a crutch. What really bothers him is his ribs. He can't move too much & laugh too hard without wincing.

But even the excruciating pain of his broken ribs failed to stop him from joining Maine on the narrow, cramped, hospital bed while she was unconscious. He started telling her about his plans for their future.

He started planning their honeymoon. What he wants to do to her. Their big, formal wedding. KIDS! He wants at least six kids! If God is generous, 8 or 9 is a good number! He obviously wants a large family.

He didn't know why but he felt it in his heart that everything will get better, that Maine is going to wake up. That they will live as husband and wife and have lots of kids. Just how it was meant to be.

Not once did he feel dread. Or doubt that she was going to wake up. How can he, when everytime he gets closer to Maine, everytime he kisses her goodnight or good morning, she gives a sigh of contentment?

After his bath, Maine went in the bathroom for her turn. Medyo nagkahiyaan pa sila since Alden is naked from his waist up. And they were alone. Maine avoided his eyes but he still saw her blush.

Her I.V. was immediately removed when she woke up and after a series of tests she was declared healthy & was given clearance to leave the hospital. So they didn't waste anytime. They are checking out that same day.

He's packing their bags when Maine came out of the bathroom. A whiff of her scent suddenly overwhelming his senses, making his mouth water. Ang lala!  He turned around to look at her. She's wearing a robe, her hair wrapped in a towel.

"Ang sarap maligo! I feel a few pounds lighter. Eeeww andami sigurong libag!" She laughed nervously.

"Sobra naman! You were just in bed the whole time pano magka-libag?"

"Yuck ilang araw din ako walang ligo, tapos katabi pa kita.." she covered her face in embarrassment.

Alden walked towards her and removed her hands from her face. Tilting her chin up so he can look into her eyes.

"Ok lang, ang bango bango mo pa rin." Kissing her nose. But she moved her face so the kiss landed on her lips. She heard Alden groan as he pulled her to him.

They kissed hungrily, she's standing on her toes so she can get closer to him. Wanting the entire length of her body pressed to his. It feels like a fire is ignited inside of her.

Her knees grow weak everytime he kisses her like this, so full of passion and yet he's taking his time, like he's got all the time in the world to explore every crevice of her lips and mouth. Teasing her with his tongue.

He abruptly stopped, when he found his hand inside her robe, caressing one breast in broad daylight, while the door is unlocked! He sighed shakily and closed the robe he carelessly untied.

"I miss kissing you like that. I can't wait to get you alone."

"Babe, injured ka pa, the doctor said to take it slow."

He just smirked & pinched her nose. Juskupo! She quickly dressed up while Alden went back to packing their stuff. Just then, Miane's dad came in, followed by Alden's parents. They all hugged. Her dad's lingered longer.

"I'm so happy you're back, anak!"

"Me, too, dad. Sorry I made you worry."

"Stop apologizing, you did nothing wrong. Just don't forget we are all here for you and we love you, ok?"

I know, and I love you, too! You won't get rid of me that easily." She joked, trying to lighten up their mood since both their eyes are pooling with tears.

Alden and Maine were surprised when they left their room. The hallway, all the way to the exit, is lined with hospital staff, doctors and nurses, cheering for them. Mabuhay ang bagong kasal!!! Everybody heard about their story, and all of them are happy to see them walk out of the hospital to start their new life together.

They threw rice, petals of flowers at them as they continued to cheer and clap. They both happily giggled as they made their way out of the hospital. It felt like the real thing! Alden's car has cans tied at the back and a sign that reads JUST MARRIED! Awww!

Maine is driving them to Tagaytay, where they will stay while Alden is recuperating. They have a weekend home there. It was his grandparents' so he basically grew up in that house. He loves spending time there when he wants peace & quiet.

His parents wanted to get him a private nurse while his bummed leg healed. They both refused, for two different reasons. Maine wants to take care of him on her own. Alden just wants to be alone with his wife. PERIOD!

Eeeekkkk!!! MARRIED!!!!

She still can't believe they are married!!! Hashtag paano? They were both unconcious when it happened.

Both their parents used their influence to bend the rules in 'deathbed marriages' since it was required by law that one of the couple should be concious for the marriage to be valid & binding.

But theirs is a special situation. There's a video of her demanding for a priest so she can marry Alden, as proof. And the priest is a well-loved family friend.

She refused to believe it when Alden told her they are married, in spite of the presence of a wedding band on her ring finger. But then, Alden showed her the video of their unconventional wedding. They were both tearful after they watched it together.

All of their close family and friends were in attendance. But instead of laughter & cheering, the event was so quiet except for the sniffles and Alden's mother sobbing softly. It was like a scene in a horror movie, the bride & the groom lay unconcious. Only the voice of the priest can be heard giving the blessing of the wedding sacrament.

"It's such a sombre start to our married life, I promise the rest of our lives will be full of sunshine. Full of laughter!" He whispered as he wipes her tears away.

In the middle of a street, while waiting for the light to turn green, Maine turned to Alden. Who is busy trying to connect his phone to his car via bluetooth. He finally notices Maine looking at him.

"I love you, RJ." She said softly.

He smiled and looked at her questioningly. He's wondering what prompted her to say that.

"I promised myself to tell you that every single chance I get. Kaya, I love you!"