Chapter 14

The next morning Rory opened her eyes and it took a moment to realise just where she was and exactly who was draped across her.

"Morning Ace" Logan flashed her the same heart-stopping smile that had stopped her in her tracks the first time she had met him back at Yale all those years ago. Even though her initial feelings towards him had been annoyance, there was something about him that got under the skin the moment their eyes had met, and that feeling had never left her.

Oh yeah, she thought. That happened. Logan is here.

"Morning" she smiled back, stretching her arms upwards as she yawned. "I still can't believe you're here Logan," Rory said sleepily.

"Well believe it," he said kissing her deeply.

"Ew no," Rory said playfully pushing Logan off her "I've got morning breath and I need a shower," she said jumping up. "You can join me if you like?" she said with a wink.

"As tempting as that is – and it's VERY tempting, we both know what will happen if I get in that shower with you...and I don't think it's very wise with the rest of the Gilmore Girls up and about on the other side of that door. "

"Spoilsport!" Rory said sticking out her tongue"

Logan laughed and lay back on the bed with his arms behind his head. After a rocky start yesterday, they'd had a wonderful night together and this morning when he woke up with his arms wrapped around Rory, his Ace, he knew he was right where he should be.

--

Rory stood under the warm shower and thought about everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. Logan had come to her! She could hardly let herself believe it. Just a few weeks ago she was convinced she would be doing this – the parenting thing - all on her own and now? Everything seemed to have just fallen into place; it was almost too good to be true, although in the back of her mind she still had the niggling thought that they still hadn't really discussed anything.  It was just so easy to forget everything when she was busy kissing Logan. 

As she let the warm water trickle over her body, Rory thought back to the activities of last night. They had giggled and messed around like teenagers, trying to be quiet in case anyone should hear – Rory acutely aware that her grandmother and mom were sleeping very close by. It wasn't really ideal, having sex with your closest relatives in the next rooms but there was no way that Rory was going to be able to sleep in the bed next to Logan without touching him. Logan was still able to work his magic on her, making her tremble at just the slightest touch. It had always felt so right between them, even when it had been very wrong.

--

Rory stepped out of the shower and walked back into the bedroom with just a towel wrapped around her body. When he heard her come back into the room Logan looked up. How can she look so damn perfect? he thought to himself.

Logan stood up and pulled her to him, kissing her firmly and slipping his hand under her towel to grab her ass.

"Mr Huntzberger!" Rory scolded "I thought you didn't want to go there" she smiled.

Logan answered by kissing her harder. Rory couldn't help but respond with an involuntary moan as his kisses moved to her neck.

"Logan, this is...mmm...very nice but..." she said trying to get out her words and focus "We can't just stay in the room and do this all day - we still need to talk..." Rory trailed off as Logan's kisses continued to rain down on her.

"We can talk after" Logan smirked as he pushed her back onto the bed.

--

While Logan was taking a shower Rory picked up her cell phone out of her bag. There was someone she definitely needed to text to tell all about the recent developments.