Epilogue

One year later...

"So what does it feel like to be a bride again?" Lorelai asked Rory as she fixed her hair in the mirror.

It was exactly a year to the day since Rory had become Mrs Huntzberger and her life had changed somewhat. Little had they known that when they walked out of City Hall carrying their marriage certificate, that less than 24 hours later they'd be carrying their newborn son in their arms. It had certainly been a day to remember!

"Oh come on mom, you should know, you've done it twice yourself!" Rory joked.

"Ouch, low blow kiddo! I may have done it twice but never to the same man..." Lorelai said with a raised eyebrow.

"It feels...weird." Rory admitted "I mean we've been married for a year now but I still feel really nervous," she said putting her hand on her tummy in order to calm the butterflies that were whizzing around inside her. "I shouldn't feel nervous, right? It's just Logan".

"Just Logan and three hundred of Hartford's most prominent members of society." Lorelai pulled a face "I still don't understand how you let yourself get talked into this."

"I promised grandma...and I never go back on a promise! Besides, it's kind of nice to get to wear a wedding dress that doesn't come from a maternity range." She said smoothing down her dress. "I'm not hating getting to dress up again, it doesn't suck at all."

Lorelai looked at her daughter standing before her and took a deep breath to stop the tears escaping. There was plenty of time for crying and she didn't want to do it just yet "and what can I say, it's one hell of a dress Ror."

"Take a good look – this is what $9,000 worth of lace looks like," Rory said twirling around in her Ines Di Santo gown. It was a gorgeous silk fit and flare dress with a signature layered intricate lace overlay, illusion back and a dramatic panelled skirt. It clung to all her curves in the right places and as Rory looked at herself in the mirror she felt glad that she'd made the extra effort to shed her baby weight. It hadn't been easy forgoing the donuts but it would all be worthwhile when she saw Logan today.

Lorelai stared at her daughter opened mouth "Shut. The. Front. Door. Nine thousand dollars? That's a small family car. Oh, how the other half live..." she said wistfully.

"Or how the Huntzbergers live you mean. This is courtesy of my mother-in-law" Rory rolled her eyes. Ever since Monty had arrived, Shira had been playing very nicely - obviously keen that she wasn't cut off from her grandson. Rory had been surprised when Shira offered to buy her wedding dress but she seemed sincere enough and it felt like an olive branch was being extended so she didn't have the heart to refuse her.

"You realize when my mother sees you with that thigh-high split she's going to have a seizure, don't you? It's very sexy-sexy." Lorelai winked.

"Well, I wanted something bridal but sexy enough to set my husband's pulse racing," Rory said with a twinkle.

"Oh, I think it will definitely do that!" Lorelai laughed.

---

As Logan watched Rory walk towards him on the arm of her stepfather Luke, once again his breath was completely taken away. He had been a little surprised when Rory said that she had asked Luke to walk her down the aisle but Christopher was in France with Gigi and he had given them his full blessing to go ahead.

Logan hadn't expected that Rory could look any more beautiful than she did on their original wedding day but this was so different. When they had married at City Hall the previous year, she had been almost nine months pregnant – now she was back to her usual self, wearing an incredibly slinky gown and he couldn't take his eyes off her.