I Can't Swim

Source Of Idea: Failing at swimming at school ahaha

Universe: Mermaid and Swimmer AU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Alright, I can do this. Actually, who was Peridot kidding? She may be half mermaid, but she could not swim. Peridot still walked hesitantly to the ocean, feeling the usual instinct in her stomach whenever she was close to the ocean. The smell of the ocean always had made Peridot feel conflicted. It always seemed dangerous, but peaceful at the same time.

Peridot carefully walked down the beach, the feeling of hot sand both a comfort and a threat to her. This was Peridot's life. A constant conflict inside her. Looking around, Peridot only saw a human with blue hair a long distance away on the beach. Perfect.

When Peridot's foot reached the water, she could feel the burning sensation she always felt. She allowed her form to change into one more similar to a mermaid. Her human side protested, making her body burn up more. Peridot forced herself deeper into the water, forcing her body to change into a mermaid form. Now she was deep in the water, with a green mermaid tail and a fully human top.

Oh shit.

Peridot was sinking down into the water, and she had no gills to breathe in the salty water. She struggled to move, but failed horribly. She reached up, her arm breaching in the air, but to no avail.

Sinking down into the murky water, Peridot could feel her human lungs start to hurt, and let out a small stream of air.

Fuck.

Peridot pushed down her tail, trying to get up. It didn't work. She was screwed. Her vision was growing dark.

No.

No.

     No.

This was not going to be how she was going out, but Peridot could already feel her mind shutting down. Her eyes shut.

Dark.

Suffocating.

When it almost felt like her mind was leaving her body, Peridot could feel something wrap around her. With what little strength she had left, Peridot struggled against the arms, but to no avail. The short blonde's body seemed to be going up from something pushing it.

....

Peridot's eyes snapped open- what the fuck?

Was that a tan blue haired girl kissing her?

Upon noticing the the short blonde waking up, the seemed to be swimmer pulled away, sighing in relief.
"Are you okay now?" she asked, her voice melodious to Peridot's ears. Fuck Peridot, that's gay.
"I'm okay, I- uh, um," Peridot stuttered, a blush forming. "Thank you." The girl smiled, holding out a hand for Peridot to hold. Grabbing the hand, Peridot stood up.

Or, tried to.

A long, green tail was the lower half of her body.

"Augh!" Peridot yelled, falling on her back on the sand. She forced her body to shift quickly, the burn almost painful. When she lifted her head to look at her body and saw two legs, she sighed in relief. Realizing the girl had witnessed that, Peridot jumped, preparing herself to run.
"Wait, what's wrong?" the girl asked, bending down to the half human. Peridot flinched.
"Please don't turn me in to scientists to be studied," Peridot pleaded, her voice small. The tan girl nodded, smiling softly.

Peridot was surprised at her smile. It was a genuine one. Not the fake smile her mother had, or the smiles people faked when they discovered she was a mermaid. The girl seemed to genuinely care. But it could've been fake, couldn't it?

"If you want, you can stay at my place." Peridot nodded. "But, may I ask something?" Peridot raised an eyebrow, but nodded again. "If you're a mermaid, why can't you swim?"

Sighing, Peridot relaxed her shoulders. "I'm only half mermaid, but I was raised by my human mother. She hated my mermaid side. That's how I'm here now." Lapis smirked.
     "So you can't swim?"
     "Yeah, I can't swim, like I said."
     "What if a human swim teacher taught you?"

     ...

     "Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I GOT LAZY AT THE END FORGIVE ME-

So I've watched all the Steven bomb and Jesus Christ that's a DOOZY

Haven't seen Stuck Together though

Did you guys like the chapter though? Sorry I haven't been posting as much, my mental health hasn't been as good.
- AsianDragonQueen