Lapis's Sacrifice Part 2 - Simply A Dream

Source Of Idea: Tumblr post (?) with no URLs- if you know, please let me know!

Universe: Apocalypse AU

~~~~~~~~~~~

     Peridot smiled at her fiancée. The blue haired girl gave a small smile down at the short blonde. Everything was quickly rushing by.

     They were getting married.

     Peridot could feel everyone in the church staring Peridot and her fiancée, who Peridot, for some reason, couldn't see clearly. Her face was a black shadow. Her hair was a vibrant blue, wearing a large silk dress.

     Making a side glance, Peridot saw Steven and the Crystal Gems sitting in the rows at the front. Peridot smiled, looking back to her blue haired fiancée, only to have a flashback.

     Suddenly Peridot was in a foreign but familiar house, and her fiancée was holding her hand. For some reason, her fiancée was all dirty, and wearing a worn leather jacket. Her voice was muffled, and her face seemed terrified. They were standing in front of a familiar door.

     Peridot tried to concentrate on the blue haired girl's words.

     "-themselves the Crystal Gems! Don't look back!"

     Peridot shivered and blinked rapidly. She was in the church, about to marry her fiancée. That was what was happening.

     Wait, what was her fiancée's name?

     Fuck.

     "-do you, Lapis Lazuli Rivera," the priest continued. Peridot sighed. It was Lapis Lazuli Rivera.

     "I do." Peridot's heart swelled. She tried to think of when she had pulled the question; of when they first got engaged.

     The memory wasn't coming up.

     When Peridot closed her eyes, her mind moved again. She was close to a small campfire, with Pearl explaining something. Everything was muffled. Peridot felt herself worrying, and suddenly burst out.
     "-Lapis Lazuli Rivera?" Pearl turned around, her eyes full of question.
     "Excuse me?" Peridot felt herself talking without command again.
     "Do you have information on Lapis Lazuli," Peridot demanded.
     "Oh, uh, Peridot, I'm sorry." Pearl looked apologetically at Peridot. What?

     "Garnet found Lapis dead, killed by the Homeworld soldiers."

     Peridot snapped back as the priest started saying, "Do you, Peridot.." Lapis was dead? No way, Lapis was right here. That must've been an alternate dimension...

     Right?

     "I do," Peridot declared. Peridot could practically smell the excitement coming from Steven.

     "You may now kiss the bride."

     Lapis pulled Peridot toward her.

     Their eyes locked, blue against green.

     But when their lips locked, Peridot could feel something was off.

     When they released each other, Peridot looked over to the priest, only to scream. It was one of the Homeworld soldiers who killed her family.

     When she turned to Lapis, Lapis was different. Her left chest had a bullet wound, and her eyes were lifeless, dead. She was whispering to her in a raspy voice.

     Peridot snapped up, panting breathlessly. She looked around where she was. It was one of the buildings the Crystal Gems made for shelter, the Temple.

     Peridot looked down at her bed. It was a two person bed, but there was no one Peridot could've slept next to.

     She stared at the blank spot beside her bed.

     A thought struck her.

     Lapis had died 10 years ago.