fifteen ; should we prank him

F I F T E E N ; S H O U L D W E P R A N K H I M

"theres nothing wrong with a harmless prank"

A loud annoying beeping noise woke Scarlett from her sleep

A loud annoying beeping noise woke Scarlett from her sleep. It was rhythmic, one beep after the other matching the beat of her heart. She was awake, but she had yet to open her eyes so she just listened. To the machine, to the sound of a loud snore coming from the other side of the room, along with the crunching of a candy bar wrapper, and finger nails tapping against the buttons of a cell phone.

Slowly she pealed her eyes open, blinking against the harsh light that reflected into her corneas, the brightness causing her head to throb. She let out a small groan and the sounds of the room besides the snores and the machine went silent. The makers of the other noises rushed over to the bed, leaning against both sides. Scarletts eyes blinked another few times before she reached up with one hand and rubbed them clear.

On her left was he mother, who stared down at her with tears heavily present in her eyes, they were rimmed in red with steaks running down her face. Scarletts heart pounding in guilt for the pain she had caused her mother in fear and worry. On the other side stood Embry and Seth with wide excited eyes, though she could still see the worry behind their happiness. On the chair against the wall, Jake was passed out, his head hanging down while loud snores were heard.

"Oh my baby I'm so glad you're awake, I was so worried ," Alexa Grey cooed, gently caressing her daughters hair and down her face careful not to jostle her oxygen tube, "Are you okay? Are you in any pain? Do you need me to get the nurse? I'll go ge—"

"Mom—mom stop," Scarlett instructed ignoring the throbbing pain in her head as her voice raised over a whisper, she dropped it back down, "I'm okay, I'm fine. What happened?"

Seth perked up with a grin, "Bella tripped down the stairs and started falling and you tried to catch her but her force pushed you both out a window," Seth exclaimed like a typical young boy, "You're gonna have a badass story to tell when we get home...I'm telling everyone I know," Scarlett smiled fondly  at the boy she thought of as a little brother before her mind caught up to her at his words/

"Bella! Where is she!? Is she okay? Mom where is she?" She started trying to get up out of her bed, but her mom was quick to push her back down and quickly soothed her worries.

"She's okay, baby girl. She's in the room right next door, she's gotta broken leg and lost a lot of blood but she's okay," Her mom explained softly before leaning down to whisper in her daughters ear not allowing the boys to hear, "And I know that story the Cullens are telling is a lie, but we'll talk about that when we get home okay?" She pulled back, "Well I'll go grab the doctor"

Scarlett nodded before her eyes looked over to Jake who was still asleep, "And whats up with him?"

"He stayed up all last night, the doctor said that you might not wake up, and he certainly didnt like that. He freaked out on the guy and said that you were stronger than that, and that you'd wake up. He wanted to be by your side when you did, but he could barely fight his eyes and he finally just passed out," Embry explained, making Scarlett smile at her best guy friend who fought so hard to be by her side.

"What else happened when I was out?"

"Oh uh, your mom cussed out the Cullens and kicked them out of your room when we got here," Embry told her honestly making Scarlett groaned as she had forgotten the bad blood between the two.

"Oh great," She looked over to her best guy friend with a sly grin, "Should we pull a prank on him?"

Embry and Seth smirked, "What do you have in mind?"
-------------------

"Okay on a count of three...one...two....three...." The three teens in the room all let out a simultaneous scream of terror, shocking the Quileute boy awake, he looked around the room in a panic.

"What?! Whats wrong? Scarlett?!" He shouted as he jumped up front he chair frantically searching for an explanation of the screams before he settled on the injured, but otherwise alive Scarlett. He breathed out a sigh of relief, immediately forgetting about their prank as he rushed over and grabbed her into his arms. "You are never leaving La Push again, okay? Do you hear me?"

Scarlett chuckled, her face smushed against his chest, "Okay Dad,"

He pulled back, "I'm serious Scarlett you have no idea how worried I was, how worried we all were when the doctor called. We thought you were dying, that you had died,"

"I know, I'm sorry" She apologized genuinely to her best guy friend just as the doctor and Alexa walked through her hospital room door.

"Glad to see you awake Miss Grey, how are you feeling?" The older man asked. He had greying hair and dark blue eyes, his face was marred with wrinkles.

Scarlett shrugged, "My body feels a bit sore, and my head is throbbing but other than that just peachy keen," The doctor smiled and quickly scribbled something down on Scarletts medical chart in his hands.

"Well thats to be suspected, you had multiple deep lacerations covering your body, and a cracked rib, nothing broken thankfully. As for your head, you endured a severe concussion, and we worried that you wouldnt wake, but it appears your boyfriend was right, you woke up," Jakes cheek turned bright red at the statement while Embry and Seth coughed back a laugh at the doctors words, yet Scarlett made no move to correct the man, she didnt mind. "It does appear however that you are healing at a remarkable pace, so I see nothing but a speedy recovery for you,"

"Thank you Doctor Berkowitz," Alexa thanked the man graciously before the two stepped out to talk more.

Scarlett looked at the boys, "So who wants to go steal a wheel chair and push me to Bellas room?"

--------------------
The boys dropped Scarlett to Bellas room, picking her up and dropping her on the chair besides Bella before jacking the wheel chair so they could race it down the hallways, the two girls could hear their shouts from down the hall they laughed softly about it.

"You doing okay Izzie?" Scarlett asked her best friend, holding her tightly.

"I'm okay, mom wanted me to move to Florida with her—"

"What? No you cant—"

"Dont worry, dont worry, I told her no. Theres no way I could leave without you,"

"You mean Edward," Scarlett smirked at her best friend jokingly but deep down she knew it was true. Granted, she knew Bella loved her and what not but not enough to stay in a town that she hated. It was Edward that was keeping her there, and Scarlett was just bonus and that was something she would just have to come to terms with.

She was now Bellas second choice and Edward would always be her first.

--------------
Authors Note::

Sorry It took me so long to update you guys! But here it is! and I'm gonna be writing the next one right now

Bella and Scarletts relationship is starting to break  what do you guys think about that??
Will Scarlett stick by Bellas side despite being her second choice?? what do you think?

♡Brooklynwhitlock/hale♡