twenty six ; i was there for you

T W E N T Y   S I X ; I   W A S   T H E R E  F O R  Y O U .

'i hate how we've d r i f t e d a p a r t but then again if you wont make an effort to keep me in your life. why should i?'

Training Jacob turned out to be a lot harder of a task than Scarlett had anticipated, she was exhausted

Training Jacob turned out to be a lot harder of a task than Scarlett had anticipated, she was exhausted. Not to mention her down time with, Paul had been decreasing since Jakes shift. Jake had taken only a few days to revert back into a human, but even then in wolf form he wouldn't let anyone near him without trying to take a bite out of them, the only one he allowed close by was Scarlett.

And after he turned back the same thing stuck, he didn't want to be in the pack, he didn't want to listen to Sam, he didn't want to go on patrol. But what he did want was Scarlett to be the one to teach him and explain, and as the Q'waeti it wasn't like she had much of a choice, not that she minded too much the poor boy was going out of his mind. He snapped like a thin branch when Sam told him he wasn't allowed near Bella anymore, that certainly set him off course.

It was getting better with each day and he was slowly opening up to the rest of the pack, but he still remained by Scarletts side as he was afraid he might get mad and randomly shift, and she was the only one who could calm him down in time before he did so. Scarlett taught him the ropes, showing him the different sections of the reserve for patrols, she showed him where the boundary line was, and suggested that he either stash outfits over the woods, or just tie it to his leg like the other guys.

He accepted his new appetite quite easily, as his appetite before was already hankering. He liked the rush they got when on a chase, or just simply running through the woods. He liked the enhanced abilities and strength, he liked being able to protect people. He didn't completely hate the hair cut and the tattoo either. And Scarlett thought that Jake would have fully embraced the shift had it not been for Bella, his thoughts spoke loudly about how much he missed the girl he was so hopelessly in love with. The Q'waeti was grateful for her hidden thoughts since she would hate for Jake to hear her say, that Bella would never love him more than Edward no matter how much she wished.

Speaking of the pale-faced Swan, she had been calling Jake off the hook, Billy had half the mind to yank the cord out of the wall, he was working up a headache from the constant shrill. Scarlett even got her fair share of the noise, her problem, however wasn't with the ringing, it was the fact that Bella was calling to ask about Jake, where was he, was he okay, did he really have mono, why wasn't he answering, was he mad at her, what did she do, how can she make it better with him, and so on and so forth. She hadn't even called to talk to Scarlett not once, not to ask how she was, or what she had been up to, not to ask if Scarlett could help her and keep her company, no it was just Jake.

As much as Scarlett loved the 16-year-old boy, she held a spite of resentment against him for it, but a much larger portion was towards her own best friend, who had all but forgotten about her apparently.