seventeen ; violent delights

S E V E N T E E N  ;  V I O L E N T   D E L I G H T S

'these violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die like fire and powder which is they kiss consume'

Scarlett ran into Bella bed room early in the morning, the black haired girl hadnt gotten a single second of sleep no matter how hard she tried

Scarlett ran into Bella bed room early in the morning, the black haired girl hadnt gotten a single second of sleep no matter how hard she tried. Her mind kept running wild as she tried to sleep, but she just couldnt turn it off; the feeling that something bad was going to happen. However since she couldnt sleep she decided to get up early to get ready and wake her best friend up for the day. She jumped onto Bella bed shaking her wildly,

"Izzie wake up its your birthday wake up!" She shook the girl excitedly as she woke up with a start panting heavily, Scarlett sat back, "Woah didnt mean to scare you so bad," Bella shook her head at the girl.

"Bad dream," She reassured her making Scarletts brow furrow before her eyes caught the romeo and juliet book besides her head.

"You're actually reading the for Birdy's class? Why dont you just watch the movie like I did? Its pretty much the same,"

"Because some of us like to actually read you know,"

Scarlett scoffed at the girl, "Excuse me, I read okay. A lot. I just dont particularly enjoy reading a story of barely prepubescent teens who fall in love and then kill themselves its not my cup of tea you know," before Bella had the chance to respond to the girl her father knocked on the door and walked in.

"Happy Birthday," He said gruffly holding a pair of presents in his hands, his eyes looked at Scarlett, "When did you get here, I didnt see you come through," He stated at the girl who smirked wickedly at him.

"Im magic Charlie, I've been telling you this since I was 5 okay, its time you believe it," The older man shook his head while Bella looked between the two, noticing that Scarlett had a present in her hands as well.

"I thought we agreed no presents," Scarlett had no idea why Bella hated presents and birthdays so much, she had confided in Sacrlett that she would now be 18 while Edward was turned when he was only 17 but Scarlett just told her that wasnt necessarily true since he was actually over a hundred years old, and physically looked 20 so she was okay.

"Well the one from me's not wrapped so it doesn't count," Charlie told her handing her a camera with a pink bow on the top, Bella took it graciously smiling softly.

"Its actually great dad, thanks"

"It goes with this one from your mom, we coordinated, well she coordinated me," He told her handing her the next present which was a scrapbook, "Its to uh, put your pictures in from senior year. Senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?"

Bella immediately answered, "I didnt, its not that old,"

Scarlett and Charlie shared a playful but mock serious look, " I dont know is that a gray hair?" Charlie asked while Scarlett said, "Im seeing a bit of wrinkling on your forehead nothing a bout of botox cant fix"