thirty ; greywater

T H I R T Y  ;  G R E Y  W A T E R

' we all need you, i need you'

^^^ the gif above i imagine seth and leah following after Scarlett :))

Scarlett had stayed with the Clearwaters for the next couple of days, a fact that Sue was more than thankful for as she got all of Harrys affairs in order

Scarlett had stayed with the Clearwaters for the next couple of days, a fact that Sue was more than thankful for as she got all of Harrys affairs in order. They had a simple funeral with all of the tribe attending and after a celebration of his life where they embraced the life he lived and tried not the mourn for the life he lost. It was a strong belief to the tribe that death was not a complete end to a life, but the start of a new journey which helped Sue immensely with her grief. Whereas it made the kids angry, a sight that Scarlett saw coming. It was just shortly after the condolences from people they didn't know, and people giving them random casseroles and cards that Leah completely lost it.

She couldn't handle random people telling her how great her father was and how 'everything happens for a reason' because what reason could it have been that made it okay that she lost her father. How was it okay that he would never see her become successful, or walk her down the aisle when she got married. How was it fair that her little brother lost his father at the age of 15, how was it fair that her mother lost her husband of 25 years. And to put the icing on top, watching as Emily and Sam arrived together, hand in hand while Emilys engagement ring sparkled in the sun when they told her how sorry they were, well that was the last straw and Scarlett saw it a mile away.

The long haired girl quickly grasped onto Leah, pulling her away from the house and into the woods as she shook like an earthquake was centered in her body, quickly telling Sam to back off and that she would handle it. Scarlett knew Sam was worried about Leah, they were together for years and even if he was with Emily a part of him would always love Leah, but his presence would only make matters worse for the girl who was breaking down mentally and physically now.

Leah fell to the ground as a burning pain erupted throughout her body, she looked up at Scarlett pleading through her eyes for her to end the pain.

"You just have to give in to the anger, Leah. Don't fight it," Scarlett said simply her mind flashing back to the night that she shifted and the words that Sam had told her. She knew with Embry and Jake that there was nothing you could do, you just had to let the person shift on their own. Scarlett watched as Leah struggled for the next thirty minutes, fighting against her body, she wished she would just let go and let it happen, but it was only natural to fight against the strange sensation that overtook your body during your first shift. But as soon as she let go just the smallest miniscule amount, the shift overtook her. Scarlett could hear just a bit down the woods that Seth was starting his shift as well, the anger of his father's death enveloping him as well.

Scarlett was hit with an onslaught of fearful thoughts from Leah, who was freaking out and rightfully so. 

"It's okay Leah, let me help you. I can help you," The whimpering small white and brown  wolf nodded, eyes locked in on Scarletts that were glowing a bright blue.