Chapter 18

Warning: this is one long ass chapter, so yeah.

*

Brittany

"Hi, Brittany." A familiar voice chirps, causing me to look up.

It's Hazel, and Chloe.

"Hi.." I say, slowly.

"You wanna hang or something after school?" Chloe asks, biting her lip.

"Sure."

Okay?

"Cool." Hazel says. "See you after school. By the way, have you heard of the after party?"

Huh?!

"No."

"Good, then we can tell you later. It's gonna be right after the Fall Dance." Hazel exclaims, excitedly.

"Okay. Cool. See you later."

They walk away, and I just sit there, dazed.

First off, I thought Hazel hated me. Second, Chloe hasn't talked to me once out of all the times I've seen her. And last but not least, whose talking about an after party? Whose even planning it?

Anyway, that was just a summary of what is going on in my brain right now. That was about 10%.

The other 90%, was thinking about Alvin.

How come he didn't think we could date? I thought he was actually starting to like me.

Maybe my sisters, Simon, Daisy, and all of them, were right.

Maybe Alvin really was a bad example. Maybe he really was just playing. Maybe I should just keep ignoring him, pretend all those talks we had never happened. Pretend he never found interest in me.

Pretend I wasn't falling for him.

But oh, I was falling for that boy with each passing second.

And no matter how hard I'd try to pretend, I don't think I'd really, truly learn how to stop.

And that's what twisted me up the most.

Alvin

"Jeanette.." I sigh. "Dance is the day after tomorrow and I'm acting like a(n) asshole towards her."

"Yeah, okay. So, she really wants to date you, you say no because..?"

"Because I feel like I might hurt her."

"Alvin." She tsked. "Maybe you are the one that's not ready for dating. Do you like Brittany?"

Hm. That was unexpected. But, I did like her. I really did.

I swallow. "Yeah."

She smiles. "Then you won't harm her."

"How do you know? What're you, a fortune teller?"

I was surprised we were even having this conversation. I used to think Jeanette hated me. She didn't. She just didn't trust me before. But now, she claims she sees the change in Brittany after she came to confess and asked me to tell her what happened.

I did, and now she was giving me advice.

"Because when you like somebody, like really like somebody, you won't hurt them."

Maybe she was right, but I wasn't too sure.

"Think about this Alvin." Jeanette says to me. "Maybe you two are just long lost lovers meant for eachother, and are too confused to know what you even like in eachother."