Chapter Three

After checking in at the Ritz, we went to Brad’s dormitory in Julliard 

I have a good composure, I haven’t cried ever since I arrived in New York. 

Brad’s room is a lot smaller than his room, like 70x smaller. He shares it with his roommate, Jack Lahey.

Brad’s part of the room is filled with pictures from home, (our beach trip, just the three of us, Carmela, Me and Brad; happy days, when the five of us are in our yacht, some of our underwater shots in the swimming pool of the house, and there were photos of him and his girlfriend, Sam.)

Jack’s part of the room is filled with posters of bands,some of them I recognize, Paramore, Greenday, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, and some I do not recognize, then there was a photo of Jack and Brad, and some girl, seems like they’re a band too.

Allana: You’re in a band?

Brad: It’s compulsary in school, so yeah.

Allana: Who’s the chick?

Brad: That’s Shaina Hale. She’s also Jack’s girlfriend.

Allana: Sam’s not in your band?

Brad: No.

Allana: Why?

Brad: She does not go here in Julliard, she’s in Cambridge remember?

Allana: How’s the long distance relationship going?

Brad: Fine. She’s spending Christmas here in the US.

Allana: I’m spending my Christmas with people I do not know. 

Brad: You’ll know them eventually. 

Allana: How are things here?

Brad: Fine. A lot better the Medical School. 

Allana: I will not be able to go to medical school. I’m getting married in a few months or so. Carmela already texted me that they had met with the royals and apparently, Charles, Harry, Dad, Mum, Carmela and You are the only people allowed to know about this, this, sick arrangement. 

Brad: What is this some kind of pre-nup?

Allana: I dunno. There had been a contract signed, which Carmela will mail to me, for us to sign it. 

Brad: It’s like selling your soul to the devil.

Allana: Apparently, yes. 

Then, Shaina and Jack entered the room, laughing so hard, luckily, I still wore my shades, but it’s a lot smaller,I changed it before leaving the Ritz, it’s a Prada Dixie Sunglasses. 

Brad stood up, removing his Ray Ban Aviators.

Brad: Jack Lahey, Shaina Hale, meet my sister, Allana Kavanagh.

I stood up, but did not bother to remove my shades, I don’t want them to see my eyes all crying and stuff.

Allana: Hi

Shaina: I would never get used to the accent.

I smiled. 

Jack: Hey, dude, why didn’t you tell you’ve got a hot twin?

Shaina: Excuse me?

Jack: I mean, look at her! Brad’s good-looking, and he has a younger?

Brad: Older. 

Jack: Older twin?

Allana: By 5 minutes. 

Jack: I take back what I said.

Then he kissed Shaina on the cheek.

Brad and I are almost 28. He’s in Julliard to study music for a year only, then he will go back to the UK, and probably settle down with Sam. Yeah, I was supposed to settle down with David soon, no, everything has changed.

Allana: Why don’t we have dinner? My treat.

Brad: Why don’t we eat at Ollie’s?

Jack: The Chinese food near Julliard?

Shaina: Yeah, I heard that food’s great there.

Allana: Then it’s settled, let’s go