Chapter Twenty-Five

Allana’s Perspective

Where the hell am I? Is this the hospital? What happened? All I could remember was.. was… graduating from University of Cambridge. Why am I in a hospital? My body hurts, in fact my whole body hurts. I can’t lift my arms, I can’t move my legs, all I could see was the wounds that I have on my hands.

A doctor came in. He smiled at me. 

Doctor: Hello, Miss Kavanagh, how are you feeling today?

I frowned. 

Doctor: I’m Dr. David Shaughnessy, I’m going to remove your respirator now, so that we could communicate.

So he did. And I realized that the respirator hurts throats! And it’s out.

Dr. Shaughnessy: How are you feeling, Allana?

Allana: My head hurts, a lot, and also my whole body hurts. How did you know my name?

Dr. Shaughnessy: I know my patients.

Allana: Am I supposed to know you?

Dr. Shaughnessy: As a doctor, I don’t think so, all you have to do is know my face and my name, but as a person, as David, you do know me. 

Allana: No I don’t.

Dr. Shaughnessy: Yes you do, Allana. 

Allana: I really do not know you. Do I really know you? 

Dr. Shaughnessy: You don’t really remember anything?

Allana: Oh, I remember something, but, I don’t remember knowing you.

Dr. Shaughnessy: What is the last thing you remember?

Allana: Graduating from University of Cambridge, after graduation, oh my God! Did we have an accident while going home?

Dr. Shaughnessy: No, Allana. What are the names of your family members?

Allana: My mother is Katarina Marie Kavanagh, my father is James Christopher Kavanagh, I am Allana Kristen Kavanagh, I have a younger twin brother named Bradford Lewis Kavanagh, I have a half-sister named Carmela Nicolette Kunis. 

Dr. Shaughnessy:  Those are right. Allana, what year is it?

Allana: 2011. 

Dr. Shaughnessy: Allana, it’s 2013. 

Allana: No it’s not! 

Dr. Shaughnessy: Are you dating someone?

Allana: What?

Dr. Shaughnessy: This is part of my examination, it is the year 2013. 

Allana: Do I have to answer it?

Dr. Shaughnessy: Yes, please.

Allana: Greyson Michaels. 

Dr. Shaughnessy: Allana, I have to go and get your brother. Excuse me. 

Did I lose some memories? I think I lost a two-year worth of memories.

Dr. Shaughnessy came in pushing Brad in a wheelchair.

Allana: Oh my goodness, what happened to you, Brad?

Brad: You couldn’t remember?

Allana: No. Where’s Greyson? 

Brad: Greyson left you 3 months after graduation.

Allana: Really? 

Brad nodded.

Allana: That’s horrible! 

Brad: After that, when we went to the US, you met a guy, a doctor who is about your age who was vacationing because he was dropping his brother over at Harvard.

Allana: Who is he?

Brad: Dr. David Shaughnessy.

Allana: Him?

Brad: And you are getting married.

Allana: To him? 

Brad: No. 

David (Shaughnessy): I wish. 

Brad: To a Prince.

Allana: You mean, he seems like a prince…

Brad: No.

Allana: Oh my God! I am getting married to the Prince of the United Kingdom?

David and Brad nodded in unison.

Allana: Harry? 

Brad: Yes, at least you know his name.

Allana: Of course I do, he is the Prince.

Brad: At least you are up to date.

Allana: How is it that I am getting married to the Prince of the United Kingdom?

Brad: We’ll save that story for another day.