Chapter Twenty-Six

I cannot believe that I lost two years of my life!

Dr. Shaughnessy or David, was explaining things about my amnesia and I am not listening! Obviously, because I am listening to my thoughts.

David: Allana, you listening?

Allana: I’m sorry, but, no, I am not listening.

David: Why? Is there something wrong?

Allana: No. Is just that, will my memory go back?

David: If something triggers it, yes.

Allana: All I have to do is find that trigger.

David: Yes. That trigger could be a person, a thing, a place, a scent, or a particular taste.

Allana: I wish I could retrace my steps! Gosh! This is so hard. 

David: Why don’t we start? I will say some names and you tell me if you know you have met them, got it?

I nodded.

David: Homer Simpson.

Allana: Seriously? The Simpsons.

David: Alisa Pegg.

Allana: High school bestie. 

David: Athena Marcus.

Allana: College friend.

David: Edward Williams

Allana: High School Boyfriend and Prom date, I was crowned as Prom Queen and he was crowned Prom King. 

David: That’s progress. Moving on, Michael Morgan.

Allana: Chemistry lab partner in Senior Year.

David: David Shaughnessy.

Him?

Allana: My doctor. 

He put his hand on his face.

David: Kendall Francis?

Allana: A boyfriend in college.

David: Boy, you’ve had many boyfriends. 

Allana: I did.

David: Austin James.

Allana: I swear I heard that name before! Just could not place it. 

David: You really could not place it?

I nodded. 

David: He’s Harry’s bodyguard and since Harry left for a two-year deportation in Afghanistan..

I cut him off.

Allana: Oh, the Prince was here before he left! That’s why he was saying good-bye to me! And it felt weird and all.

David: As I was saying, Prince Harry left his bodyguard and gave specific instructions to be on guard to you. 

Allana: Oh. David tell me something, if it’s okay, if it’s not it’s fine, how did we meet?

David inhaled. 

David: Why don’t we pass through memory lane together? Shall we? 

I nodded. 

David: I went with my brother in the US,  because he got accepted in Harvard for a scholarship, you went with your brother in the US because he got accepted in Julliard School for a scholarship, but your father does not know that your brother is going to Julliard, because he is not so frantic about your brother pursuing music, he was the one who drove your brother in Harvard, you went with your father, brother and your sister, your mother was here in the UK, when you have left your brother in Harvard, you and your sister decided to loiter around the campus, I was running with my brother, and I accidentally bumped you and you fell in to the ground. And that’s how we met.

Allana: Oh. I’m sorry.

David: Why sorry?

Allana: I made you go through, I think, the most painful thing in your life, at least, emotionally. 

David: Speaking of pain, how do you feel?

Allana: About what?

David: Your body. 

Allana: Oh, it hurts. A lot. 

David: Later this afternoon, I will transfer you in a private room already. 

Allana: When can I eat?

David: Are you hungry?

Allana: A little bit.

David: Later this afternoon. 

I nodded.

Allana: Thanks. 

He smiled and he left.