Part Twenty-Two

(Jay and Erin's wedding day)

Erin's POV

We both agreed that we would wait until Esme was one years old to get married, that's exactly what we did and our day was finally here. Telling the team was exciting for me and Jay and they were all really happy apart from Hank as he didn't agree with us getting married and working together, but after hundreds of arguments he finally gave in when I asked him to give me away.

Me and Jay decided to get married at firehouse 51 as that's where most of our Chicago family work, it was also where we would be joined by Med and PD. I was at the district getting ready with the girls as they had made it into a beauty salon, I so happy until I saw who walked through the door. Bunny.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"It's your wedding day, why wasn't I invited?"

I groaned, "My wedding is for family and friends only, can you leave!"

"come on Erin i'm your Mother" she pleaded with me

"You were, you were my mother until you left me on that Thursday, alone with Teddy so you could go get high with your new boyfriend. I no longer considered you my mother when you didn't come back for two weeks leaving us starving and we would have died if Hank didn't come knocking on the door. You're not my family anymore, Jay, Esme and People here are my family, NOT YOU!"

After I finished speaking I felt a harsh slap across my cheek and I went to walk away when Trudy came over, "I suggest you leave before I arrest you for assaulting a police officer!"

I walked back over to my chair and said down rubbing my cheek, "Are you okay?" Kim asked me

"Yeah i'm fine, she has a habit of doing that. Thanks Trudy for getting rid of her" I said when I suddenly felt sick and ran to the bin in the corner and threw up.

"Are you that nervous?" Gabby asked me,

"No, I've been fine all morning" I said walking over to my bag where I froze

"Guys what's the date?"

Kim laughed, "Er your wedding day, 3rd of March, why?"

I sat down and took a deep breath, "I'm late, I'm three weeks late and I didn't notice because I was planning the wedding, I think I'm pregnant?"

Everyone smiled at me and I didn't really know what to do I just wanted to find out what was going on, "Ok, I'll run round the corner to the shop and pick up a couple of tests" Kim said to me picking up her bag. I can't believe I might be pregnant again, Jay's going to be so happy when I tell him.

After about ten minutes Kim came back and I took the test. I didn't want to look so I passed it to Kim and told her to tell me, "Okay you ready Erin... 1...2...3" she turned it over, "PREGNANT!" she said hugged me.

"I can't believe it, me and Jay are going to have another baby and Esme is going to have a brother or a sister. Erm... Gabby do you think you could run to the store and find a baby grow which says something to do with becoming a daddy and I can give to Jay as his wedding present."

"Sure thing, I'm so happy for you and I will see you at the firehouse."

To make my wedding day even better I just found I was pregnant and I couldn't wait to tell Jay and everyone else.

Jay's POV

I was so nervous for today and I just wanted everything to go as well as It could. I'm marrying the woman of my dreams and I couldn't wait.

"Hey Halstead!" Ruzek shouted banging the table making me jump, "Are you coming to get ready?"

Me and all the boys were already at the firehouse and It was about an hour until Erin would be arriving so I was cutting it short a little, "Sure, lets go!" I say as he pulls me up.