Existence

The three younger members were confused at the current situation as they watched Taekwoon from behind.

'The very first one? Taekwoon-hyung, what are you saying?' Hyuk asked.

'You're not just some shadow that was created by Hakyeon's darkness but you... you're also Cha Hakyeon aren't you? An original one that is.' Taekwoon said.

This Hakyeon remained silent from the interrogation.

'Though I can't explain why either but I can tell by instincts that you're not just darkness. You say you love me and you cling onto me but those few weeks that we were together, there would be times when I feel like you aren't looking at me who is in front of you. You're feeling anxious, doubtful and insecure. As far as I know from Soo-ah's stories, the very first Cha Hakyeon from the past was quite similar as well which is why he fell into the darkness and supposedly created you. But that isn't the case is it? Please, I want to know your story as well. I don't want to hurt you. Because you are 'Hakyeon' as well.' Taekwoon said.

Taekwoon and the members waited for an answer but Hakyeon remained silent. The binding spell would eventually ware off but Taekwoon waited patiently until the latter was willing to speak.

But the others were worried.

'Taekwoon-hyung...' Hyuk worried,' Maybe you should-'

'You're right.' Hakyeon finally spoke.

Everyone looked at Hakyeon. The spell has completely wore off but he did not take the advantage to strike at the other members. Instead, he looked as if he had given up the will to fight any further.

'I am Cha Hakyeon. The very first one but only when I was still a child...'

His eyes began to tear, but he was holding them back forcefully. He wanted to look strong in front of the members but he couldn't. He went on to explaining to the members his struggles and desperation for his existence.

~

(The 'Dark' Hakyeon's POV)

Ever since I was born, I knew I was born from the darkness.

But I tried desperately to ignore that fact and hoped to erase that darkness within me by trying to please others. I did everything I could in order to make others happy, I thought that by being able to bring light to other people's worlds, I would eventually gain something from it in return. But I was wrong.

Everything I did, all the compliments I received, I should have felt content enough with the love I was given yet I wasn't. There would always be this empty feeling inside of me in which I could not understand.

I wanted more. I wanted desperately to feel complete but I didn't know how. So, eventually I began to hate myself. I felt 'ugly' inside and out. I despised my appearance, the tone of my voice, and everything about me. There were so many times in which I just wanted to fade into the darkness where I belong and vanish forever.

Why do I exist?

Why must I feel this way?

But then, I met you.

Jung Taekwoon.

A voice from the other side of that mysterious door in which I discovered in that lonesome forest. You were quiet and mysterious. You never talked about yourself yet you would always listen to me talk instead. You were patient with me, you listened to my stories and you were always there by my side. But I couldn't believe in the fact of whether you were real or not. You could have just been an hallucination in which I created from my desperation to finding a way to love who I am. However, I thought it didn't matter because you and our secret base was my haven. You saved me from my salvation. I just never thought... that I would fall in love with you instead.