To Protect

As the Dark Hakyeon and Hyuk tried to make their way through the endless maze, Hakyeon started to tell the younger of stories from the past. At least, the ones he was able to see before he was sealed away into Limbo.

The more the younger heard about their previous lives, the more fascinated he was about the strangest of the world. He thought such things could only happen in stories or movies.

Never would he have imagined that he and the other members of VIXX have known each other for so long.

'Do you still hate Hakyeon-hyung?' Hyuk asked the Dark Hakyeon as they continued walking through the labyrinth.

'If you asked me that a few decades ago, perhaps I do. But I know that your leader isn't the same Hakyeon that I once shared the body with. Your Hakyeon has matured a lot since he became responsible for the group and he has you guys to support him.'

'But... he still fell into this Dreamscape. Doesn't it mean he wants to escape and not return to reality?'

'He was heartbroken. I know how he feels to be rejected by someone he really loves. He's insecure and dejected. On top of that, he had a lot of responsibilities as the oldest and leader of the group. The pressure he was in, was probably too much for him to handle all at once. But I know that the Cha Hakyeon I've been watching these few years is actually a really caring and loving leader. He just didn't know what to do about being rejected suddenly like that especially because he really cared a lot about Taekwoon.'

'I feel bad for Hakyeon-hyung. I wish I knew about it sooner and help him when he was in pain...'

'I'm sure the rejection was just as hard on Hakyeon as it is for Taekwoon.'

'Taekwoon-hyung?'

'Mhmm. Though I'm not familiar with your Taekwoon, I can tell he was trying his best to change for your leader. It is hard to change someone's personality and point of view on things suddenly. But for him to take the courage in doing so, proves that he actually does care about Hakyeon. He was being sincere and even your leader's heart wavered a few times, which made it hard for us to even possess him.'

'Then why...'

'It is my fault for being afraid of the other Taekwoon. If only I didn't send the USB to your Hakyeon... I'm such a coward.' The Dark Hakyeon became saddened by his actions. 'I haven't changed one bit.'

'Hyung...'

After wandering around the maze several times, the two were still trapped. It was as if there was no exit and only dead ends. Suddenly, the ground began to shake and the giant walls of the labyrinth started to close in on the two of them.

'What's going on?' Hyuk panicked.

'We have to hurry and get out of here. That Taekwoon must be behind all of this.' The Dark Hakyeon pulled the younger by his wrist and led the way.

The two of them frantically raced through the maze as fast as they possibly could but the walls were approaching faster and faster. They were in grave danger.

Just then, they came upon another dead end but just as they were about to turn back, they realized it was already too late.

Out of instincts, Hyuk held tightly onto the Dark Hakyeon with his body.

'What are you doing?' The Dark Hakyeon was questioning the younger's action, surprised that he was being protected. 'Let me go! You'll get crushed!'

'I don't care! I'll definitely protect you!'

As the two closed their eyes and ready to be crushed by the surrounding walls, the rumbling stopped. The walls started to vanish and a dark fog appeared out of no where. They opened their eyes again to see that they were no longer within the maze.