Too

As if his purpose of seeing the story behind Dreamscape and his previous life was finally fulfilled, Hakyeon returned to the realm of nothingness. The small town vanished before him, its people and chatters were gone and now, he was standing back in this eerie world. But he was no longer afraid though. He was prepared for a full front confrontation with his lifelong friend.

He felt anxious at first and rather irritated whenever he thought about how betrayed he felt but he knew that running away was no longer the answer. He has ran away for too long to continue running away even now. Escaping his problems only made him end up in this current situation in the first place. If he never ran away from reality, he would not have ended up inside of Dreamscape.

He found his way back to the mansion in which he escaped from a few days ago. That same dark and creepy place that he was trapped in for awhile until Soo-ah came for him and told him what he was able to do even alone. As he opened the large doors at the entrance, a chilling wind welcomed him back.

Hakyeon took a deep breath and took another step forward.

As he walked through the large maze-like mansion again, he came across the same room in which he was held prisoner by Taekwoon.

He opened the door slowly, not knowing exactly what to expect but as he went inside, he could see the room was in a complete mess. Rather than the organized manner in which he left it as, the room was turned upside down.

Taekwoon must've been really upset when I escaped...

Hakyeon sighed.

He walked inside calmly, knowing very well that he was no longer powerless and ready to take his guard. He was expecting to see his lifelong friend here but the room was nothing but a mess left behind.

Where could he have gone to?

Hakyeon got a bit worried as he could not find Taekwoon anywhere even after searching all over the mansion. Strangely enough, Hakyeon was still able to make his way around the mansion with ease as if he was already familiar with the setting. Finally, he approached the last place he could in order to find Taekwoon.

He opened the large doors to the throne room with caution.

'Taekwoon-ah? Jung Taekwoon?' Hakyeon eventually decided to call out for his friend's name.

I hope he's okay and not too angry at me for leaving. I should be the one who is angry right now though!

Hakyeon stomped straight to the throne and called out his friend's name again.

'Taekwoonie? Are you in here?' He called out as he approached the dimmed room with barely any lighting. 'Ya! Jung Taekwoon! If you were in here, you should have answered me.'

Taekwoon was there indeed.

He was sitting still in front of the broken cage and the broken throne alone. He noticed Hakyeon who decided to return to this place on his own and was rather surprised. But immediately, he remained calm and expressionless again. The silent and composed Jung Taekwoon.

Hakyeon could see that his friend looked rather dejected and almost like a lost child. Did his escape really leave his friend such a big impact?

The older couldn't help but start to feel apologetic to Taekwoon especially with the way the latter looked. His eyes were so empty and dead. So lost and alone...

Hakyeon decided to walk closer to Taekwoon instead.

'If you were here, why didn't you answer me? Look for me?' Hakyeon asked as he gently knelt in front of Taekwoon to see what sort of expression was on the latter's face up-close.