LIAM ONE SHOT - No Goodbyes

I RECOMMEND TO LISTEN TO "YOU&I".. ITS ON THE RIGHT :).

"I don't feel like going today, (Y/N)" he replied annoyed, kicking his shoes off, "I'd much rather stay home." 

You offered to go to the New Years party that your cousin was throwing. But lately, you always stayed at home, not doing anything. The connection had been strange between you two. Next to never feeling like doing anything, he didn't talk much anymore, he avoided hugging, kissing. But what felt the worst for you.. he didn't even look you in the eye anymore.

Was this really it? Did you fall out of love?

You sighed, sitting carefully next to him. You wanted to be at least a little close to him, instead of awkward strangers. He on the other hand, not, you could tell by how when you wanted to sit closer. He moved his feet on the couch, lying sideways to block you out.

"Liam.." you spoke, carefully picking your words, afraid that he would walk away.. like he usually did when you asked about him. He answered with a quick 'hmm', clearly not up for a talk. But the whole situation between you two had bothered you. It was so sudden that he started to act like this.

 "Is something up?" He just asked it to be polite, was your thought. He never even kept his eyes off the TV he was watching a live show on.

"Yes.. Would you care to talk to me for a second?" Keeping a good temper was a challeng at the moment, not a surprise though. Someone who acts like that is hard to deal with.

He sighs and shuts the TV off. He closes his eyes and leans his head back on the couch, facing the ceiling, rubs his face and gestures you to talk. 

"So.. why.. are you.. acting like this?" You should just get it out straight, no way to escape it, no turning things, just the answer. Or at least, thats what you hoped you would achieve.

"What do you mean.. "like this"?" Is this a joke, it was obvious, and it hurt you that he acted like everything was okay.. because.. that was what you wished that was.

"Like this.." you replied, while pointing back and forth to him and you in the space between.

"I don't know what you are talking about," with a tone in his voice he turned the TV on again.

You stood up, sighing, turning your back to him. All you can do is just leave, this has no use. But haven't you waited for too long? Isn't it unfair to you? Various thoughts were wandering through your head.. but the one that told you to speak up.. was standing out. Trying to maintain a monotone voice to cover up the shaky one you knew you had you started speaking, "I guess that's how we are now, isn't it Liam? You really don't know huh? You don't know how this feels? You don't know your own actions? Most importantly, you didn't know we were in a relationship.. right?" You turned to look at him, trying to find a hint of any emotion.. nothing.. and words.. none. "I understand."

Running up the stairs, you closed the door as soon as you entered the bedroom. You were sure he didn't love you anymore. You decided to sleep, tossing and turning, it seemed like a good idea. Escaping the reality and just turning everything off into a beautiful sleep. But that was impossible. 

The door opened silently, you could hear soft footsteps. It was Liam, but at the moment you weren't in the mood of anything. Pretty sure he wouldn't be saying anything either. He bed started to sink into his side as you fell him sit down. Sliding gently under the duvet. You felt him pressing his back on yours, stroking your hair softly. You missed this, all you could do was smile.. like he had returned.

"Im sorry." was all he said.

This gave you hope.. maybe.. he was still there. Maybe he still cared.