Unfamiliar territory

We sat here in the waiting room patiently waiting for her name to be called. I've never been here so I was trying to come accustom to my new surroundings. When you've had to watch your back your whole life your always uneasy when your in unfamiliar territory.

I looked around the room and their were a bunch of pregnant girls just waiting like us. I couldn't help notice that some of them didn't have anyone with them and some did some had the dads here but some girls were here alone. Young girls like Grace older girls like my aunt. Some were prepared and some were in the same boat as us.

The walls were a pale blue color and their was a big receptionist desk in the middle with a Middle Aged women sitting behind it taking phone calls and setting up new appointments. Their were picture frames with babies in them and families. Their was also pan flits at all the chairs that would tell you about having a new baby. I tried to understand that this is where I will be coming for the next 9 months.

"Holder" The lady with a clipboard said standing the the doorway of the back

Finally I thought. We both got up and I held her hand the whole way back their until she had to break free from me and her weighed. Their was a chair in the corner next to the table that Grace would have to sit on in a minute. Their was a computer and a big monitor on the wall so you could see while they were looking at the baby. The walls were a bright pink and their were pictures of babies in here too.

"100 pounds is your starting weight great" The nurse said

"How much do you think I'm gonna gain?" She said and I rolled my eyes already knowing what her mind was thinking

"Every pregnancy is different but if you eat right and do healthy things you should only gain 40 at most pounds"

Grace gave her an uneasy look and I rubbed her thigh so she would know it was okay. Weight gain wasn't something that settled easy with Grace.

"Were just gonna pull your shirt up and I'm gonna put this sheet in your pants so I don't get any of the gel on them"

The nurse rolled this thing around her stomach until we heard a thump thump thump the heartbeat made me happy to know that the baby is healthy and alive in their. She clicked some buttons on the computer and you could see on the wall in front of me this little ball that would soon be my son or daughter.

"Do you want pictures?" The nurse asked

"Yes" I interrupted

"No problem, we'll see you here next month. Here are the pictures. Her due date is May 18th. Congratulations by the way" The nurse said

"Thank you you have a good day" I said

We got into the car and I was itching to look at the pictures that Grace had in her hands. I can't believe their is a life growing inside of her and it is my baby.

"Babe let me see the pictures" I said

"Your driving"

"Yeah but theirs a red light up ahead"

She handed me the pictures and I smiled at them thinking that soon I will get to hold you. Even though I'm 16 and having a baby at this age isn't the best idea especially our situation but put all that aside I was excited to have a mini us calling me daddy.

"I gotta admit muffin I'm excited"

"Did the ultrasound make it real for you?" She asked

"I guess you could say that. But when you showed me the test is when it really sunk in. Now it's more excitement because this picture is our baby"

"I know I'm excited too, I'm scared though you think I'll be a good mom?"

"Of course you will be baby" I said grabbing her thigh "I'm just not so sure how I'm gonna be as a dad"

"Your gonna be the best dad Jake don't worry. We're the best thing for this baby"

"I knew that. Not for a second would I even consider abortion or adoption I can't kill my baby and I'm not gonna give it away to some strangers. I'd end up stalking them" I laughed

"You probably would, I wouldn't be able to do that either I knew from the moment I found out that I wanted to keep it. No matter what struggles we're gonna face"

"I know cupcake, I'm gonna be here through it all"

------------

Around 5 Rico, Grace and I all went out to get something to eat at this good burger place in a not so good part of town but the whole town really wasn't good. A lot of crime activity a lot of gangs but luckily for us Rico and I are in the biggest gang in New York. Probably the only good thing about being in a gang is your always protected if you need it. It's like someone is always watching your back.

"So how did the appointment go?" Rico asked

"The first thing you ask when you get in the car" I chuckled

"Yeah I wanna know this is my niece or nephew we're talking about"

"Well kind of your cousin but your my brother so it will be your niece or nephew"

"Is it healthy?"

"Of course the baby is great, here's pictures" Grace said

"Holy shit this is cool. How far along are you?"

"Like 5 weeks" Grace said "My due date is May 18th"

"It's cute"

"It's a ball of cells Rico you can't even tell what it looks like"

"God damit Jake can you stop being a dick for a second this is your baby and I feel like I'm more excited" Rico scuffed

"Well I'm sorry that I'm 16 and I'm not so excited about parenthood Rico what the fuck do you expect. It's not your baby so your not fucking scared. Shut the fuck up and sit their" I snapped

"Baby calm down, he's just excited about having a niece or nephew" Grace said grabbing my hand

"I know muffin but it's scary"

"I know. I'm scared too but we're in this together remember"

"I know princess" I said kissing her hand

Rico sat quiet in the back seat the rest of the ride to my house. I know I'm a little harsh on him sometimes but that's what happens when I'm scared I get defensive because I don't like to show my emotions like that.

"Okay baby girl I'll walk you inside you can stay in my room until I get back I have to go somewhere with Rico"

"Okay" She said

I got back in the car and Rico was already hopped in the front. I had to go to this stupid meeting for Snake to try and get out of this gang. I didn't wanna know what his or else met. I'm not afraid of no one but Snake is someone you don't wanna mess with.

"Look bro I'm sorry for snapping on you like that it's just I don't express my feelings like that and you know that"

"I know it's fine Jake I get it, it's just I'm excited for you and I'm scared but you gotta look at the positives your gonna have a baby at 16 yeah but that's gonna be the best blessing ever"

"Your right. It's amazing Grace and I created another life"

"See Jake positive thoughts"