38. Francis Cruz

To The Girl Who Almost Got My Love, I Still Think of You

Frncs0412    

I don't want to bring the past

I don't want to bring the past. I don't like asking myself those what ifs and whys. You were the girl who haunt my adolescence though we're apart. I don't want to be haunt by you again now that we're only friends.

But I did.

Thirteen years of treasuring you in my heart and I learnt so much from it.

We were each others first love but failed to work it out. You were the girl I tried to impress at the age of 12. I was the boy you bullied and chose my cousin over me.

Funny how I still think of you when in fact it's damn too late. You're marrying someone else.

I can't help it.

I can't.

...help it.

I can't stop myself thinking of what could have beens if I didn't left, if the timing was right and if I wasn't a coward and should've fight for you to stay.

I want something more real with you, but hey- this is the real thing- you and me are not each others choice.

You might be the girl I still adore in my highschool years. You might be the one I wrote a letter on Valentines Day. You might be the girl I'm sending presents. More than materials, you might be the girl who always catches my stare. You might be the one who makes me smile just by looking annoyed.

You know I could be romantic if it was you. I could offer you my naive yet best affection. It must be you who became my first girlfriend. You were my first love anyway. First love--- but I still believe that despite the label, you only almost got my love.

You almost had it but I got away.

I might be the one beside you when you're world was falling. I might be the one supporting you to pursue your studies than fucking your life. I might be the only one you had relationship with. I might be the knight you're stressing with your attitude. I might be the one taking you to restaurants so you won't need to ask for others earnings.

Through the years, I might be the one holding your hands, owning your heart and marrying the whole you. I might be the one. I should be the one.

I missed the chances of taking you back. You confessed and I was assured our feelings were mutual. I like you and you still like me. Yet I chose fucked it all up.

I watched you fall for someone else. I even became a bridge.

Now, you are my one that got away.

I almost loved you. I almost had you. I almost made you choose me. I almost owned you. I almost made you fight for me.

Fight for me- that's it. That's the thing I wanted you to. You didn't so I decided to let the "like" go. I'm busy with my life and it's okay to not have you as a big deal. That's what I guessed.

So what my point is? My point is, no matter how many times I think of the unanswerable questions and undid gestures, that "almosts" are all excuses.

I hope that in your life, I am the boy you would never forget. Because to me, you are the girl I can never get.

For the past 13 years, I want you to know that I did really loved you. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --  

♔ Frncs1412 ♔

Handsome and snob. Model. Fashion Prince.

________________________________________________________________________

Cataloged in

•casually dating

•Dating

•dating and relationships

•First love

•That girl

•Hookup Culture

•modern dating

_________________________________________________________________________

 2 comments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lydia_mond - Professional Model

I guess I know you Mr, Writer.

 Like • Reply • February 18, 2017 03:21am

           Lydia_mond - Professional Model

           And I thought I've made you moved on. Hahaha! We're quits!

           Like • Reply • February 18, 2017 03:24am  

Aningness