Chapter V

REVISED- 5/10/20

Chapter 5: Nightmare

It was currently 9 o'clock at night. We were all playing Mortal Kombat while Creed was sulking in the corner with his headphones and phone. Weird. Creed seems to be the most mysterious one in the group. Owe well, I guess. 

"OH COME ON!" Taylor exclaims. I've learned that he's a sore loser. Boohoo.

"Aww, are you mad that I kicked your ass, Taylor?" I smirk while he turns around on the floor and glares at me.

"I'm not mad. I just don't see how you're so good at this game." He says while gesturing to the game.

"I used to have two older brothers. You learn a thing or two," And it's true, I used to learn a lot about video games when my brothers were still around. Eventually, I got around to playing with them and I started getting so good that I beat them every time we played.

"Well... but still! I call hacks!"

I laugh while getting up, "Taylor, that's not a good excuse." I leave the living room and head to my room to get changed for bed. I made sure to get clothes that were slightly baggy but were boys clothes, nonetheless. 

I hear someone come into the room. I look up and notice Noah, "Are you going to bed?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'm tired and I have to go get my revised schedule tomorrow, so I have to be up a little earlier."

"Alright, I'm coming with you." He pointed out.

"Why? You don't have too," Noah really didn't have to come with me. 

 "Mr. Jacobson's order is for us to stay with you for some reason. Besides that, I have somewhere to be and it's on the way to his office." Noah confirmed for me.

"Whatever, I don't care," I said and laid in bed.

I turned towards the wall. I raised up the hood on my jacket and put it over my head. Once it was secured, I took my wig off and let my hair fall free. At the same time, I made sure it stayed in the hood.

Now, I don't intend on my secret being kept the entire time I'm here. All I want to do is prolong my time, and answer some questions while I'm at it.

He only looked at me, then went off to the bathroom. That's the last thing I saw before I fell asleep.

-

Fire. All I see Is fire. And so much of it.

I cry with all I had while my mom and dad held me in a tight embrace.

My parents are crying too.

Why wouldn't we cry? My brothers! They're gone. That stupid fire! How did it even start anyways?!

I don't take time in making up my mind. I try to get up and run towards the collapsing home, but I get pulled back by my parents, "NO, LET ME GO, I have to go to my brothers!" I screamed trying to run.

"Sweetie, you can't," My mother pulls me back into her embrace, "They're gone."

"They're gone." She whispers back to my young self, but I could tell she was saying it to herself.

All I care about are my brothers.

They're gone.

My brothers are gone.

"Alex!" What?

"ALEX WAKE UP!"

I'm jolted awake from my nightmare. I sit up too fast for my liking and look around the room. I see Noah across from me with a worried and pained expression on his face. I also feel warm water go down my face.

I look back up and realize that Noah looks confused now. I felt my head and my eyes widened when I felt a strand of hair that fell free. I quickly tucked it back in and made an excuse. "I have a few bald spots, don't ask. He only nodded, looking slightly unconvinced.

"Noah, what's going on?" I hear Jaxon's worried voice.

My head snapped to look at the door, it was closed, but not locked. Noah never broke eye contact, so he made no move to go to the door.

"Guys?!" Jaxon yelled once again.

Noah looked at the door and then back to me. "We're fine. Alex just had a nightmare."

"...okay, night," Jaxon replies sounding tired.

"Thank you, Noah," He nodded once again and got up. 

I laid back down and stared up at the ceiling. 

That was until Noah spoke up, "Are you a girl?" That question made my heart stop for a second. Should I lie or say the truth?

"I'm a boy, obviously." 

He only said, "Alright." Then he turned over and went to sleep. 

I did the same, and that was that.

~~~
*Sorry once again for all the changes* 5/15/18 - Revised

Ooooh what'd you think? Pretty scary nightmare.

What do you think about Noah.

Maybe Creed, he gives me the creeps.

Anyway:

Comment

Follow

Share

Vote

<3