Chapter XIII

(Jack and Finn Harries as Dylan and Michael James.)^

Chapter 13: Confessions Pt. 2

Recap:

"Guys..." Noah said, breaking the silence, "I think we have a problem."

-

"Problem? What problem?" I ask frantically. I knew we had a problem, but it's something different than this? "Guys, come on, just tell me."

Jaxon sighed and sat down beside me, "Well, it looks like it's time for our confessions now, huh?" He looked at all the guys and they all nodded their heads.

"Alright then," Jaxon started, "Please promise not to... freak out okay?"

I gave him a skeptical look, but slowly nodded my head.

"Okay, so um, all of us," He said while pointing to all the guys, "And Creed, are in a gang. We've all been together for years, some more than most, we haven't known Creed as long, but we're still all in a gang."

I thought about it for a moment before answering.

"Well, is it like Mafia gang level or like... street gang level? OR, or is it a neighborhood, bored kids kind of gang?"

They all wondered to themselves. Noah spoke up. "I'd say in between Mafia and street gang, maybe?"

"Okay well, is that the problem?" I asked.

"No... the problem is that, well, we know your brothers."

"What?!" I got up so fast and stared at them wide-eyed. Jaxon got up and grabbed onto my shoulders.

"We're really sorry, Alice, but also remember that we aren't going to hurt you."

"Yeah, no shit, but how did you know my brothers?" I asked nervously.

"We didn't stop knowing your brothers, Alice. They're still alive." Jaxon says with a nervous look that could be mistaken for one of constipation.

"I- they're what?"

"I'm sorry, but... if we would've known, we would have told you."

"Oh..."

"Well, they also might be apart of my, I mean the gang." I stared at him weirdly.

"'My'?"

"U-uh yeah, it's my gang." He whispered the last part.

"Why didn't you say that, that means you're a gang leader. That's cool."

It was his turn to look at me weirdly, all of the guys actually, "So, you're not mad at us?" Noah said slowly.

"Why the hell would I be mad at you? I mean yeah I'm mad at my 'dead' brothers, but at least you told me."

"True."

"But..." I started, "Do my brothers ever mention me? And why did they pretend to... you know, die?"

Noah laughed nervously, "They actually mention you often, but we didn't know it was you. And I guess they ran away for their own reason. Jaxon just found them and took them in," I looked at Jaxon, but he quickly turned his head down.