Chapter XII

Chapter 12: Confessions Pt. 1

Ever since we had gotten back to the dorm, my eyes never left the box, I almost ran into a couple of people on the way here and Hodge had to guide me through.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed, the box in hand, contemplating whether I should open it, when I heard faint whispers on the other side of the door.

"What do you think she's doing?"

"Think she's okay?"

"Should we go in?"

I smiled and made my way to the door. I opened it and 4 boys poured into the room. They all landed on top of each other. They were obviously eavesdropping on me.

I stopped in front of them, hands on my hips, smirking at their wild form. They all regained their senses and got up into a line, all looking embarrassed.

"We uh- we weren't d--"

I held my hand up signaling for Taylor to stop talking, "You don't have to explain, I would've done the same thing."

He smiled widely and consumed me in a giant bear hug.

"T-taylor c-cant breathe." I struggle to say.

"Oh! Right, I'm sorry." He smiles sheepishly. I give a small smile back and go back to my original place. The box between my hands.

"What do you think is in this?" I said lowly.

All the guys came to sit beside me or on the floor in front of me. "I don't know, but we're right here if you need us."

You also might be wondering, Creed isn't here. I don't know where he is and frankly... I don't care.

Jaxon gives my shoulders a reassuring squeeze snd I sigh, slowly opening the medium wood box.

When it is opened completely, I screamed.

I dropped the box and all the contents spilled everywhere. I covered my mouth with my hands, tears almost spilling. My breathing is irregular, my heart is racing, and my mind is going wild. My eyes are so glued to the wooden box and it's contents, that I don't even notice someone trying to get my attention.

Slowly but surely, my hearing comes back.

"--ou okay?!" Noah was right in front of me, holding my shoulders. I blink multiple times and meet his eyes. Flashes of concern cross his face and I can tell he's scared.

For me.

I jump up and hug Noah. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He rubs my back soothingly and reassuringly. "It's okay, Alice, we're right here."

I still sob into his chest while the rest of the guys are peering down at the pictures that were in the box.

I see Hodge pick one up and hold it to Taylor and Jaxon, "Who is this?" He whispers so I can't hear him, but I can.

"I don't know. Looks like a family photo, and that looks like... brothers?"

"Wait," Hodge says alarmingly,  "Is that?"

"Wait? How could?"

"It's that her?"

"My brothers." I say, my voice slightly muffled from not moving from Noah's chest. I feel like they were talking about something else though, "My brothers and my house. Was, my house."

"Okay, but what happened." Noah says to me.

I sigh and jump down onto the floor and lean against the wall, sitting on my bed. I guess this would be a good time to tell my story.

"When I was seven, my brothers and I were sleeping. They were both 12 and we all slept in the same room. We were sleeping and then the fire alarm when off. I didn't know what was happening, but my brothers did. They got up and went over to me. Dylan, the older one, picked me up and brought me into the living room, my other brother Michael right behind him, telling me to run outside. So I did, I ran outside and looked at the house. Next came out my mom, with my brothers helping her carry herself.

They dropped her down beside me and went back in for our father. Except only my father came out. My brothers didn't, they died in that fire. From that day on, I've always been distant with my father, knowing he was apart of their death.

But how did Peter have these photos. Especially the one of my burning house? There's no way. Unless..." I trailed off.

All the guys turned toward each other and cursed under their breaths.

"Guys..." Noah said, breaking the silence, "I think we have a problem."

!¡!¡

Well, what did you think of the back story, quite said to be honest.

What do you think the problem is? You're just gonna have to wait and find out.

Comment

Follow

Share

Vote

<3 Love