Chapter 32

The walk back from unit 14 to the casino was strange to say the least.

The four lethal members walked away from several burning cars, the smell of burning flesh and rubber starting to prick their noses as they left. The rain was heavy and soaked them all through in seconds. Min Seol had accepted her hair's fate.

Taeyang's arm kept bleeding, but he managed to rip off one of his shirt sleeves to use it as a makeshift bandage to try and stunt the heavy blood flow. He was use to pain and at this point it didn't bother him too much anymore. He just felt annoyed when passerby's stared at his injury, resulting in him sending them death glares until they hurried away.

Inha was the only one of them that was told to go there, and left with nothing. No wound, no human pet. Her hand was clasped around her rosary beads and silent prayers relayed in her head. As much as she enjoyed the thrill of the kill, she couldn't forget what she believed in.

Kai Ling had a small puppy following close behind her. No one had questioned it yet as they each had their own things to attend to first, but she was quite pleased she had a little follower. The possibilities she could get him to do was endless, an evil smile never left her face until Taeyang spoke up.

"I think I underestimated your little sonic screwdriver Sunny." He admitted in a dull tone. It takes a lot for him to admit he was wrong, even to this small extent. Min Seol glanced back at him and smiled.

"I don't make these things for them not to be impressive." She said smugly, moving a strand of hair that was plastered to her face by the heavy rain behind her ear.

"Yeah, what happened? I missed it. One second there's Taeyang yelling then a moment later I was nearly blinded and everything's burning." Kai Ling asked. She was busy giving Baekhyun orders and setting some ground rules at the time.

"She had a tiny little pen thing, then she pointed it at the group of guys and clicked it. What happens? Electricity. Everywhere. The guys are frazzled and then everything metal in front of us is on fucking fire!" Taeyang explained over dramatically. Inha's eyes flashed to Min Seol and grimaced.

"This wasn't suppose to be a loud mission. We discussed this before you joined us." She said in a stern and authoritative voice. "Next time if you see us, go where you were headed before. You should know this Sunny."

"I know Inej, I just-"

"-You just wanted to help, I know." Inha interrupted. "But this is more serious than you think now. None of us should run into these situations head on and without briefing. We're not immortal you have to remember. Our lives are easily taken by one unplanned move and we need everyone if we're gonna get through this." She lectured. Everyone's heads hung low as they knew they were in the wrong. Even Baekhyun felt scolded even though he didn't do anything.

"Zero got a slave. Are you gonna give her a bollocking too?" Taeyang complained, trying to move the unwanted bad attention off himself. Kai Ling sent him a deathly glare but before she could argue, Inha's words interrupted her.

"I know. She'll have to consult directly with Zeno about this." She stated. The name 'Zeno' sent chills down Baekyun's spine. That name was the reason for all wrongs and plans of action in his cold firm. He'd learnt to link it to bad feelings since everytime he was forced on a mission to destroy his units and such, it never ended well. He was also scared of Inha simply because he'd encountered her on a mission before and nearly had his head ripped off.

"Oh great..." Kai Ling sighed. She knew arguing wouldn't help since Inha was too loyal and actually respected the hierarchy of the firm.

The rest of the walk back was filled with silence as everyone's thoughts were elsewhere.