Chapter 8

All Hyerim could do was watch as the building carried on falling piece by piece. Every time something fell near where Yeonhee and Jae Eun were, she felt pained.

Guilt started to flood her being as it was her suggestion to do this. She crouched down and wrapped her arms around her knees, her eyes following the shattering glass that looked as if it was glittering due to the sun reflecting of it. Normally, she would have looked in wonder and thought the sight to be beautiful. Except this time her friends were either severely injured or killed due to the 'beautiful scene', which seemed to make the view less mesmerising.

A couple of minutes went by until there was nothing left of the building apart from a big pile of rubble and debris blocking the whole street. She stood up, her legs wobbly. She didn't know what to do.

Go look for them? See if she can find them? Help them? She was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do.

She pulled out her phone and called the first person who came to mind.

"Hello?" Dae-Hyun answered.

"Jäger..." She said in a quiet voice. Her low reply made Dae-Hyun nervous as it didn't match her loud, usually self.

"Lucky, is everything okay?" He asked, concern laced in his voice.

"N-no. It's Yoshi and Ace. They-they're trapped under the rubble. I don't know if they're okay." She stuttered.

"Where are you?" He asked, the seriousness of the situation knocking him straight into authoritative mode. "Tell me exactly where you are." He instructed. Hyerim told him their location and he told her to wait where she is and hung up.

She sat back down and hugged her knees again, waiting for Dae-Hyun to arrive.

'He'll know what to do...' She thought to herself. 'He always does...'

_____________

_____________

It wasn't long before two cars rolled up near to Hyerim's. She looked over and saw other members get out, their mouth dropping open in shock at the sight in front of them. Dae-Hyun glanced at Hyerim's crouched form and walked over to her and crouched down too.

"They're somewhere under that?" He asked, pointing to the rubble. Hyerim nodded, not willing to look him in the eyes. "Where exactly?"

"Yoshi's somewhere near that large metal beam that's sticking up over there." She explained and pointed, Dae-Hyun nodded. "And Ace is quite a bit behind her. I'm not sure where exactly." She muttered.

"How did this happen?" Ryota asked, trying to control the anger in his voice as he could see how upset Hyerim looked.

"It's all my fault." She mumbled. "I take full responsibility for my actions."