Run Away (Part 1)

Note: This takes place a little bit before Eleven comes into the picture.

                                                                               ~ (y/n) P.O.V ~

      The tree branches were scratching at my face and arms but I paid them no mind as I took a fearful look behind me. They're after me, whether I can see them or not, I know they are there. Suddenly, I felt my feet being ripped off of the ground and I flew over a group of bushes. I landed on my arm seconds later and cried out in pain. "Why?" was all I could whisper and think. "Why can't they leave me alone?" I stared up at the trees for a second, trying to let myself take a moment before I get back up. Then I heard them, their footsteps were crashing through nearby brush as if it wasn't even there. I forced myself to get up onto all fours and I crawled into a group of bushes, the group I had just flown over a few moments ago. "Seven, where is she?" "I'm not the one that can pinpoint directions, only Three and Eleven can do that." I heard a smack and a whimper followed it. It echoed in the empty air around us. "I didn't ask what you could do." "I understand that.. But I am just unable to do what you would like me to." "Then you are useless to me. Lock her up." Seven cried out. "No! Please! Papa! Please!" I peeked over the bushes and saw two guards carrying Seven away and I couldn't help but feel bad for her. We weren't allowed to go against the rules.. If you did, bad is all you got coming your way. 

      I quickly ducked back down as Papa turned from watching Seven being carried away. It's the worst treatment, I know, but it's all that we had grown up with, all that we knew of. "Come on Eight. Come out, come out. If you come out now, the punishment won't be as bad." I bit my lip and ducked down lower, hoping he couldn't see me. "I know you're around here somewhere.. I can just send the guards after you once they come back. Either you come to me on your own or I force you to come out, either one is fine by me." I could see the smile on his face. The kind of smile you hated but were forced to love. 'Don't listen to him. Don't listen to him. Don't listen to him!' I thought to myself, over and over. I couldn't give into him, not to the man that acts hateful to me. To all of us.

      He started walking towards my spot, but then turned back to where he had been standing. "Don't be like this Eight. Come home, where we can all be happy together." I squeezed my eyes shut. 'He's is telling another lie, like he always does. Don't listen to him. He is a liar!'I opened my eyes again as a set of footsteps came crashing through again. "Sir, we need you down at the lab." "Why? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?" "But sir, something big has happened with experiments 1, 2, and 5. All are badly hurt." "Alright, I am coming." I heard the guard running back and I risked taking a peek one last time. Papa looked back once more. "We aren't through with this Eight." And then he went running back.

      I sat there for minutes as time passed one, too afraid to get up. I was scared that the moment I got up, Papa and the guards would come back and hurt me again. It was almost dark by the time I decided to stand up and I took off running again, not taking the chance of being caught. Soon I hit a road, but no one was on it, but even then I didn't start to slow down. I ran and ran, even past the point of my legs hurting. I got so caught up in running that when a bell chime hit my ears and a small light came into my eyesight, it was almost too late to swerve. I ran right and they.. with whatever they were on, they went left. I tumbled on the ground and their thing on wheels tipped to the side and they slid. I sat up, holding my head and the other person came running over. "I'm so so sorry." I groaned and looked at them, eyes squinted. "What?" "I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." "No.. No, it was my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going either. I'm sorry." I squeezed my eyes shut again, just for a moment then took a better look at the person.  It was a boy with dark, shaggy hair and dark eyes. Everything else was hard to see since it was dark all around us. "Well.. Um, maybe I can give you a ride to wherever you're going, if you want." "I.. don't know where I'm going.." I whispered, avoiding eye contact as I told him that. "What do you mean? Don't you have a home?" I shook my head and he looked around. "Well how about I bring you home with me and we'll figure it out tomorrow, okay?" I thought for a moment then nodded. "Okay.. Well I'm Mike, short for Michael. Do you.. have a name?" I shrugged. "Well..what do people call you?" I held out my arm and pointed to the '008' printed there. His eyes widened and he stared at my arm, gently touching the numbers. "Wow.. Wait, so they call you Eight?"He looked back at me and I slowly nodded. He stood, holding his hand out to me. "Well come one Eight, let's go home."

      Authors Note: So I decided to make the last imagine into a book, so this is a new imagine completely unrelated to the last one. I hope you like it and that you have a good day! :)