Trick-or-Treat

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V ~

      "Come on (y/n)! Just come out and show us already!" I looked down at the dress I was wearing. "I um.. Just a second?" "You said that 5 minutes ago!" Dustin whined. "Yeah. Come on, your costume is the last one that we're getting and you've been in the changing room forever! We can have Mike leave if-" "No, no, I'm coming out!" I took one last look at my costume. We had all decided to be some version of our D&D characters, and since I didn't play as much, all the boys had decided I should be the princess that was to be saved in many of their quests. I was wearing a (f/c) dress and the outfit came with a small tiara that I wasn't sure I wanted to wear. I sighed and turned away from the mirror and walked towards the door. I slowly turned the knob before stepping out. It took a few moments for the boys to notice me, but once they did, they all went quiet. "I know, it looks stupid." I started to turn around. "I'm just gonna-" Mike broke himself from his daze and he jumped up, grabbing my hands. "No, no, no, no. (y/n), wait." My eyes widened and I looked at him in surprise. "It doesn't look stupid at all. You look- You look pretty." I felt my face heat up. I opened my mouth to say something but before I could, one of the other boys cleared their throats and Lucas said, "Well um, as much as I don't wanna ruin your moment, we told our parents we would be home in like, ten minutes so.." I let go of Mike's hands and nodded, walking backwards into the dressing room.

                                                                              ~ Time Skip ~

      I walked up the steps that led to the front door of my house, the bag containing my costume in hand. I was so excited. Halloween was in a week and all it could make me think about was how Mike called me pretty. Mike called me pretty!

      I smiled, thinking of the moment again as I opened the front door. My mom's voice came to my ears as soon as I closed the door. "You seem pretty cheery. I'm guessing costume hunting went okay?" I held up the bag. "Yeah. It went amazing."

                                                           ~ Time Skip to Halloween Day ~

      I stared at myself in the mirror. I was wearing my princess dress and a different tiara my mom had found for cheap in some clearance section of a store. I liked it better than the original tiara that came with the costume. My mom had done my hair up nicely, and then to top it all off, I had some lip gloss on. I smiled as I studied my outfit. I felt nice, especially when I thought about Mike, and how he'd react, but at the same time it made me nervous. Nervous because even though he had called me pretty once, what if the tiara or my hair or something else throws it off? What if it was just a one time thing and he didn't fully mean it as I took it? What if-

      I stopped myself and took a deep breath. "Just calm down, (y/n). Calm down." I whispered to myself, only staring at my reflection for a few more seconds before walking out of the bathroom. I walked downstairs and was met with my mom with a camera. "Mooommm!" "What, it's just for a few pictures, some of you, some of the whole gang, some of you and Mike." She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I groaned in annoyance. "Mom, please!" "I won't say anything, yet." I just rolled my eyes as someone knocked on the door. "I'll get it." I told her, rushing towards the door before she could herself. I opened it and behind it was Mike in knight armor. Some of it being bought, some of it being made by his mother. His jaw sort of dropped when he saw me, but he quickly composed himself and smiled. "H-Hi (y/n). You look nice. More than nice, you look beautiful." My face became a flaming mess. "I uh.. Thank you Mike you look-" My mom came up behind me. "Mike! Perfect timing! I was just about to take some pictures." "Shouldn't we wait for Lucas, Dustin, and Will?" He asked hesitantly, shifting on his feet. This was one of the ways he would express his nervousness without saying anything. "Well I can take pictures of them too but why don't we start off with just you and (y/n)?" I noticed the blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Sure." "Great!" My mom immediately dragged him into the house, me following behind them. She let go of his arm and moved me to stand by him. "Get ready guys!" She exclaimed with a smile, holding the camera up and telling us what pose to get into.