Run Away (Part 5)

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V ~ Before Will Disappeared ~

      I felt the tug of the portal, the wrongness that came from it, from miles away. I was running towards it. Pretty soon, I came close to a familiar area, and I realized I was getting close to the lab. 'Of course the lab has something to do with it..' I thought as I kept running. As I slowed down to a jog, I heard someone run past me. I quickly noticed it was Mike's friend  Will, but where did his bike go? I quickly took off after him. He ran into his house and I went to the side. I peeked around the corner and waited for a few moments. I saw the monster along the tree line and then the back door slam. I ran in that direction and saw Will run into the little shed. I quickly followed and he pointed a gun at me, clearly frightened. "Who are you?" "Someone who is here to help. My name is (y/n)." He let out a shaky, "Will." Then it was quiet, just our breathing, his heavy ones and my soft ones. "Do you think it's gone?" I didn't get the chance to respond as a huge, thin shadow stepped out behind Will. My eyes widened. "Will.." I whispered and he turned around. The gun clattered to the ground and a bright light filled my vision. 

      I woke up on the ground. "You're alive." A quiet voice said. I turned around and saw Will. I sat up. "Where are we?" "I have no idea. I don't know where the monster is either. It's like home but it's so cold and dark. And it's gray, there's no other life so far, no color except us." I heard the clicking and the roar of the monster and I stumbled to my feet, Will quickly following. "We have to go." He nodded. "I know where." 

                                                                             ~ Mike's P.O.V ~

      I sat on the couch while the girl we found changed. My head was in my hands and I rubbed my eyes. Dustin and Lucas were "discreetly" talking about her. "Would you guys just shut up? She'll just stay here tonight and then I'll have my mom take care of her in the morning." "Dude, you're crazy. We don't even know where she came from." I lifted my head from my hands as I heard the bathroom door open up. I fixed up the blanket tent as Dustin and Lucas packed their bags up. I held up the tent flap, briefly remembering how I did the same for (y/n) as Eleven crawled in. I heard Dustin and Lucas going up the stairs, quietly muttering about the situation we were in. I bent down as the basement door shut. "I'm Mike.. Short for Michael. What's your name?" She was quiet for a moment before pulling up her sleeve. '011' "Eleven.." I whispered. So I was right, she came from the same place as (y/n). "Okay. Eleven. Well, maybe we can call you El for short. Is that okay?" She nodded and I stood up. "Well, goodnight El." I reached over to turn off the light. "Goodnight Mike." I turned the light off and headed up the stairs.

                                                                             ~ (y/n)'s P.O.V ~

      We were near Will's house. We could hear his mom talking to him. She'd ask him a bunch of questions and we figured out that we could talk back using the lights. Right now we were here because I could feel lots of energy being put off in this area. Soon I realized I was picking it up off of Will. A sudden idea came to my mind as we got closer to his house. "Will, come here." I led him the the wall near his porch and I grabbed his hands, placing them on the wall along with mine. "Concentrate really hard on your mom and your home." "What are we doing?" "We are going to talk to her." He closed his eyes and so did I. I could feel the energy pulsing around us and I knew the monster would find us soon, but a few words could help us. I felt a small opening open up. Not one we could get through but communication would help. "Mom?" I heard rustling from the other side. "Mom?" "Will?" "Mom!" "Will! Baby! Where are you?" "Mom! Mom! It's just like home but it's so cold and dark." "What do you mean? Just like home?" I heard the monster roar. It probably didn't see us but it could feel us. "Mom, you gotta help us, it's coming." "What is? What's coming?" The monster roared. It was closer this time. "It's coming mom!" I felt our small opening start to close. "You have to hide baby. I promise, I will find you." "Will, we have to go." I took my hands off the wall and opened my eyes. The opening was getting smaller and smaller, but Will hadn't given up on it yet. "Will, we have to go!" I grabbed his hand as the opening closed and I ran, pulling him with me.