Chapter 10

Centaurs standing on the balcony of Cair Paravel blew their horns as the Pevensies walked beside Aslan. Soldiers lined the aisle and raised the swords to let them pass. Alex smiled as she watched her friends from her spot beside Oreius. The children seemed to look older in their new clothes. They were dressed as Kings and Queens. Alex had helped Susan and Lucy get ready for the ceremony, and in return, they helped her.

The elf wore a blue silk dress. The skirt sparkled in the light, along with the collar and sleeves. From the elbow down, her sleeves flowed and were see through. There was a silver belt around her waist and a simple silver necklace around her neck. Her hair was pulled back into an elegant long braid so it was out of her face.

Aslan led the four children up the stairs to the four thrones then turned to face the crowd

"To the Glistening Eastern Sea," he said, his voice echoing throughout the room, "I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant."

Mr and Mrs Beaver stepped forward, each carrying a pillow with two crowns on them. Mr Tumnus followed behind the talking beasts. He picked up the silver tiara and gently place it on Lucy's head.

"To the Great Western Wood, King Edmund, the Just." Tumnus placed a silver crown upon his head. "To the Radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." A gold tiara was set on her head. "And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent." The faun set a gold crown on his head and quickly stepped to the side to bow. Aslan faced the newly crowned children as they sat down. "Once a king and queen of Narnia, always a king or queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens."

"Long live King Peter!" the crowd said with Aslan. "Long live King Edmund! Long Live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!"

The crowd erupted into cheers, making the Kings and Queens smile. Aslan turned his great head to look at Alex, who nodded. She stepped forward, causing the room to grow silent again.

"My Kings and Queens," she said, bowing. "I, Alexandra, last of the Light Elves of Narnia, swear to you to protect and assist Narnia to the best of my abilities, no matter the deed or the peril. I shall stand beside you until your reign comes to an end and forever after." She looked up at them and smiled. "May your reign be forever blessed."

They nodded to her and she nodded back. Alex turned to face Aslan and bowed once more. Aslan put his paw on her shoulder and smiled.

"Rise, Alexandra," he said. As she stood, he continued. "I name thee Guardian of Narnia and of Kings. May your wisdom be used to guide those in need and may your spirit never falter."

Everyone in the room clapped and a few people cheered for her. Once the crowd had settled down, Aslan looked at Peter and nodded. The High King nodded back and stood.

"Let the celebration begin!" he said.

Cheers once more erupted through the room. Music started to play and everyone began to relax. Alex looked at the Kings and Queens with a smirk.