Chapter 26

~2306~

Alex stood at the front of the Dawn Treader. She smiled at the feeling of the sun on her face and the wind blowing in her hair. They had been traveling for many days now. Caspian was in search of the Seven Lords of Telmar, who had fled to the Lone Islands to escape Lord Miraz. No one had heard of them since then, and Caspian wanted to try and find them. He gathered a crew of Narnians, along with Reepicheep and Alex, and sailed off to search for the lords. They still had a few days until they reached the Lone Islands.

"Enjoying yourself?"

Alex smiled.

"Yes, actually. It's been many years since I've been at sea." Caspian walked to her side. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"So far, yes. Being at sea has given me a chance to get away from my duties as king."

"I'm sure that's a relief."

He nodded. Alex looked back out at the water. Suddenly, she noticed a head pop out of the water.

"Edmund!" a familiar voice called.

Alex froze as two other heads appeared.

"Caspian, look!" Alex said, pointing towards the people in the water.

"Eustace, swim!" the voice shouted.

"Men overboard!" Caspian shouted.

He pulled off his coat, which Alex took from him. Caspian jumped off the side of the ship and dove into the water, followed by two other soldiers. Alex kept her eyes on the figures as they tried to swim away from the ship. Alex couldn't help but smile when she saw Caspian reappear behind one of the figures.

"It's all right," he said. "I've got you."

The figure looked at him.

"Caspian!" she exclaimed.

"Lucy!"

"Edmund, it's Caspian!"

One of the other figures stopped swimming as the two sailors came up to him and the other boy.

"It's all right, boys," a sailor said. "You're safe now."

"Are we in Narnia?" the boy asked.

"Yes, you're in Narnia," Caspian replied.

"I don't want to go!" the second boy said. "I want to go back to England! I'm going back to England!"

Alex watched as they all swam with back towards the ship.

"Get them on board!" she shouted. "And grab some towels for them!"

The men scrambled to help bring their king back on board. Alex watched from the front of the ship to make sure everyone got on board. Below, Caspian helped Lucy onto a lift, which brought them level to the ship. Two crew members pulled the lift towards the deck. Lucy and Caspian got off so the lift could bring the others up as well.

"That was thrilling," Lucy said with a laugh as she wrapped a towel around her.

"How in the world did you end up here?" Caspian asked, putting an arm around her.

"I have no idea."

"Caspian!"

The king turned around to see Edmund board the ship.

"Edmund," he said, walking towards him and handing him his towel.

"It's great to see you."

"Great to see you too."