Chapter 11

Fifteen years later ~ 1015

Alex leaned against the wall of the council room. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy were chatting with one another. The Light Elf smiled as she thought back to when the Kings and Queens were younger.

Alex had taught them everything they needed to know about ruling over Narnia. She taught them Narnian culture and history, along with things like fighting, dancing, and manners. On some occasions, they would ask her to teach them other subjects like astronomy. Alex had become a sort of older sister to the four. Peter had even named her general of the Narnian army, alongside Oreius.

Over the years, Narnia prospered and grew. Peter and Edmund had helped Narnia win many battles and had defeated many foes over the short years. Susan had had many men come to Cair Paravel, asking to court her, but she had denied them all. She was still looking for the right man, and none of the suitors seemed to fit her standards.

Alex jumped out of her thoughts when the doors to the council chamber opened and Mr Tumnus came hurrying inside. Lucy immediately stood up to greet him.

"Mr Tumnus," she said, a wide smile on her face. "It is wonderful to see you again."

"And I you, my queen," he replied with a slight bow. "I come bringing news."

"Good news, I hope," Edmund said.

Tumnus nodded.

"The White Stag has been spotted in the woods."

The royals' faces lit up in excitement. It was said that upon catching the White Stag, one would receive a wish. Alex had told them stories of the White Stag before, since it had been in Narnia before the Winter started.

"What are we waiting for?" Susan said, standing up. "Let's go find it!"

"You girls stay here," Edmund said with a smirk. "I'll bring the Stag back myself."

"Yeah, right, Ed," Peter chuckled. "Mr Tumnus, if you would be so kind as to ready our horses."

"Of course, my king," the faun replied before running out of the room.

Peter turned to look at Alex as she walked towards the royals.

"Alex, would you stay here and watch over the castle while we're out?" he asked.

Alex nodded, a smile on her face.

"As you wish," she said, putting her hand on Peter's shoulder. "Come on. I'll walk you to the stables."

~

Alex smiled as the Kings and Queens mounted their horses. She looked at Susan.

"You have your horn?" she asked.

"Of course," the Queen replied.

"We shall be back sometime in the next day," Peter said, looking down at the elf.

"We shall be awaiting your return," Alex said with a small nod to them. "Enjoy your hunt."

The Kings and the Queens nodded to her and rode out of the stable.

~

Alex stood on the balcony that looked over Cair Paravel and the sea. The wind blew through her hair as the sun began to set.

"Where could they be?" she said softly. "They should have been back by now."

The Pevensies had gone out two days ago to go after the White Stag and had not yet returned. Alex wasn't sure if they were in trouble or not since Susan had not blown her magic horn. She had decided earlier in the day to send out a search party for the Kings and Queens.