Chapter 39

Later that week, a great celebration was held in the city. Citizens danced and sang in the streets, along with a few in the castle. Alex smiled as she viewed the festivities. She was wearing a silver gown. The sleeves were see through and went passed her finger tips. There were jewels around the collar, causing it to sparkle in the candle light. Around her waist was a silver belt, with small strands of beads hanging from it. There were stars on every strand, along with a moon in the center. Her hair was pulled back into an intricate braid. Above it sat a silver headpiece that looked like leaves.

 Above it sat a silver headpiece that looked like leaves

Alex smiled when she saw her friends dancing

Alex smiled when she saw her friends dancing. She had been asked several times if she wanted to join them, but she had declined every time. She said that she was fine just watching. Alex was leaning against a pillar when she heard someone walking towards her. She turned her head to see Capsian. He grabbed her hand.

"Come on," he said.

"What are you doing, Caspian?"

"You're dancing and you're not getting out of it."

Alex sighed but let him drag her through the crowd of dancers.

~

Alex stood on a balcony, her arms on the railing as she looked out at the scenery. The woods were visible from her spot, moonlight shining through the trees. She could hear the dryads, nymphs, and trees celebrating in the forest, alongside some of the more magical beasts of Narnia. Even from the castle, and above the noise of the festivities, Alex could hear the naiads and mermaids celebrating in the water. In the far North, the elf could faintly hear the Giants celebrating. For a while, she even thought she heard the elves celebrating as well. All the sounds made Alex smile.

"Care if I join you?"

Alex looked over her shoulder to see Caspian walking towards her.

"If you want to, sure."

Caspian walked to her side, copying her position.

"It's a beautiful night," he commented.

"It definitely is. From here, I can here nearly all of Narnia celebrating. It's truly amazing to listen to."