Chapter 1

~year 1000 in Narnia~

Snow. That's all that could be seen for miles. That's all anyone had seen for the last hundred years.

A figure dressed in a white cloak walked through the familiar yet disgusting looking scenery.

"I cannot wait for this stupid winter to end," she muttered under her breath.

The woman was currently off to see her good friend, but froze when she heard his hurried footsteps. He was running away from his home and, by the sound of it, he was running with someone else. She peeked through the trees and saw him, a small figure trailing behind him.

Making sure not to make a sound, she followed after them.

"Now," her friend said, "she may already know you're here. The woods are full of her spies. Even some of the trees are on her side." After a bit more running, they reached the Lamppost. "Now, can you find your way back from here?"

"I think so," was the reply.

"Alright."

They came to a stop. Her friend looked around to make sure no one was following them. He didn't see her hiding among the trees.

"Will you be alright?"

Her friend laughed softly and bowed his head, trying to hold back his tears.

What are you doing, my friend? the hidden woman thought, watching the scene with curiosity.

He dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief.

"Hey," the small figure said, trying to comfort him.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "I'm so sorry." The two looked at each other. "Here." He tried handing her the handkerchief.

"Keep it. You need it more than I do."

"No matter what happens, Lucy Pevensie, I am glad to have met you. You've made me feel warmer than I've felt in a hundred years. Now go." He touched her nose. "Go."

The small figure ran off, disappearing into the trees. After a moment, her friend walked away from the Lamppost, heading back to his home. She sighed and ran through the forest, silently racing ahead of him. She ended up getting to his home before him, but could hear him approaching. She slipped inside the door, closing it behind her. She slipped further into the home, moving slightly out of sight. A moment later, the door opened and her friend stepped inside, knocking the snow off his feet. He turned around, looking up slightly.

"Ah!" he cried, spotting his friend. He sighed, putting his hand over his heart. "Goodness, Alexandra. Don't frighten me like that."

"My apologizes, Tumnus," she replied with a smile. "That was not my intention."

He smiled back at her.

"May I take your cloak?"

"Yes, thank you."