Poems And Prosposal (Kunikida x Reader)

You and your boyfriend, Kunikida Doppo, have been for years now. You loved him and he loved you since you are his..

Ideal woman.

Yes, out of all the girls he met you are his ideal woman. The flawless, yet perfect person he's been trying to find for years.

He came to realize that he didn't need someone to fill his requirement or deeds. Because he loved you for who you are.

You noticed that Kunikida has been working harder lately. He's been saving up his money he earns instead of spending it on food or something else.

Was it for a new notebook?

He would also stay up at night, writing on his notebook. And throw another ball of paper in the trash, unsatisfied.

Every time you wanted to take a look he would stop you before you could do so.

What was he working on?

Well, it's not like you could ever know.

~~~

After work, when everyone was about to leave. You and Kunikida were alone in a room. It was awfully quiet and he was shaking a little. He could nervous.

You finished what you had been doing, closing up your laptop.

Kunikida approaches you.

"(F/n), could we take a stroll around the city?"

"Now what's this all of a sudden, Doppo?~"

"I-I just want to spend some time with you! Now, hurry up!"

You laughed and flimsily put on your coat, following beside him as you two left the building. Curiously wondering about what he had in mind.

~at the park~

You felt someone tug the sleeve of your coat to stop you from walking further. You stopped in front of the Yokohama bay, the place where you and Kunikida shared a first kiss.

The sudden memory made you blush a little.

"(F/n).." Kunkida mumbled. You watched as he took out his notebook and flipped on a specific page, unfolding it neatly.

Then he started reciting it;

'There's a special bond
Between you and me.
A bond that no one can touch or see.
It binds us close
and keep us strong
And always remind us
That were where we belong.
Should at times the
A tiny thread break,
A new one will form in it wakes.
Entwining our hearts
And spun of the finest gold.
The bond holds are love
Firmly in its fold.
And it will ever hold us near and fast,as such a bond
Is meant to last.'

"D-Doppo...this is.." your heart thumped as he said the last part of his beautiful poem.

He gently took your hand and kissed the top of it, sliding a silver ring on your ring finger.

"

"I love you, (F/n). We knew each other for years and I thought it's finally the time. We will face a lot of hardships but I don't mind if it's for you. So..will you marry me?"

And you answered, the most obvious reply.

"Yes! I love you, Doppo!"

~~~
I don't own the poem! Credits to the true owner who made it.