Smile (Akutagawa x Reader)

I'm in love with Koe no Katachi,it's one of the best movies~ I recommend you guys watch it!!

Edited

~~~

You were just sitting down casually waiting for anyone to come inside your office to say hello or give you anything. The day was not quite busy which you didn't expect.

Instead of playing with your phone like you usually do, you were pondering; in deep though.

Sometimes I think I'm not fit for this job...

Is what you were thinking.

The Port mafia was a dark organization and yet you somehow managed to be working with the most dangerous people. You needed the money, deciding to work for the mafia.

Your work consist of a few thing; taking care of Yumeno Kyusaku and Elise-chan, finishing a few reports and that's about it. They never forced you to go out on missions. They were surprisingly understanding.

You soon became partners with the silent rabid dog, Akutagawa Ryunosuke. There wasn't any particular he was assigned to you. Ougai simply wanted you to talk to him, to at least help him break out of his cold exterior. And breaking out of his cold exterior meant: him finally being able to work better with his colleagues.

The other members of the organization thought it was a good idea, considering you were pretty bright and cheerful. Always showing everyone a smile, even if you were sad or not in the mood. They thought that if someone could help Akutagawa, it's you. You did, you did get along with him quite well.

~~~

After a few hours Akutagawa came back from his mission. He had a few scratches present on his face, nose bleeding a bit. But overall, unhurt, making you sigh in relief.

"How was it, Akutagawa-Kun?"

Akutagawa covered his mouth due to coughing, replying with "It was easy. They were just a bunch of weaklings." there was a slight bitterness in his voice.

"T-that's good?" You laughed nervously.

Akutagawa makes his way toward the couch just beside your table and plops down, letting himself sink down the cushions with ease. He let out a long groan that showed signs of his exhaustion and stress.

But you understood why he'd be stressed. He was one of the Port Mafia's strongest members and so, gets rid of enemies or anything that hinders the organization.

"At least clean yourself up." You took out a handkerchief and wiped away the blood poking out of his nose, then placing bandages on the scratches of his face.

"Tch.." he muttered.

"What is it?" You watched as he pointed at the bandages that you placed.

"Oh, sorry..I didn't know you disliked animals." You laughed, almost in a teasing manner. The bandages were cute and colorful, with pandas and bears drawn in them.

"Whatever." He huffed and closed his eyes. "Stop teasing me all the time. It's annoying and it won't make my work easier. I'm not like you." Akutagawa says the last bit with a hint of sadness in hidden in his voice.

He was right about it. He wasn't anything like you. He was cold, ruthless and violent. As if he was made to destroy, a shadow wallowing in darkness. Failure and regret has been his constant companion in life. Sometimes, he thought he could never find happiness.

While look at you, even with the world filled with problems and sadness. You always manage to show a smile, bright that blinded even him...

"You know why your always stressed?"

"Why?"Akutagawa asked curiously.

"Because you never smile!"

"What?"

"Why don't you try smiling?"

"No."

"Please?"

Another shook.

"Just oneee!"

Akutagawa sighs, feeling his energy drain more because of you. "Fine, just once."

It didn't take long before his blank, emotionless face gave out a small smile. The edge of his lips formed into a smile but it looked pretty awkward and hilarious. You understood because it wasn't genuine and sincere.

"What the hell is so funny?" He growled.

You wiped a tear that formed in the corner of your eyes, trying to hold your laugh.

"It's nothing. You're so cute though, Akutagawa."

You smiled again, it didn't fail to his heart flutter and clench at the sight. There was a part of him that didn't no what to do about it, he always felt the inside of him changing a little. Like a flower blooming in his own little dark world.

A few knock was heard from outside the door. "Ms (L/n)! The boss wants to see you!"

"I'm coming!"

You were about to leave but stopped, turning away and giving Akutagawa a kiss on the bridge of his nose.

"See you, Akutagawa-kun!" You waved goodbye, leaving the male speechless at what you just did.

Akutagawa's pale hands touched the part where you kissed him.

"She's such an idiot..."

It won't be today, but the day will surely come when you make him smile genuinely. That would also be the day, where you and him become good friends.

• • •