Chapter twelve: Marriage

Eren's POV:

Everyone was panicking, mostly me, although I wouldn't admit that out loud.

Pack leader Pixis could sense my stress and ordered me in a nice manor to stay away from the area the wedding would take place at.

So I was officially kicked out of the planning of my own wedding ceremony!

I walked around a bit, not knowing what to do and tried to avoid Levi's tent as much as I could, it was tradition to not see the bride before the wedding otherwise bad luck would be set upon you.

I felt a hand grab my shoulders making me give out a manly scream.

Swiftly turning to see the bastard who got such a sound out of me, Hanji.

"Sorry to scare you Eren, I just needed to speak with you about something." She seemed way more excited than she normally was.

"Go on." I prompted. "Levi's body will be experiencing some... changes." It sounded more like a question than statement. "How so?" "His heat will roughly start after your first night together. It's natural for the wedding to be placed when his fertility rates are higher."

I guess that was good news for Pixis, he's probably hoping and praying Levi becomes pregnant first time round.

It was heading towards the end of mating season and everyone was calming down now that the peak was over with.

It had been a pain in the ass for me being without Levi through this season but I kept chanting he'd be with me next time.

Hanji left with a giggle and spring in her step heading towards the fire pit.
The fire wouldn't be lit until the evening came and everyone was eating.

"Eren?"

...shit.

"...hey Mikasa." I nervously laughed, during hanjis discussion we'd wandered near Levi's hut and mikasa must've thought I was trying to peek at her brother.

"What're you doing here?" She sounded like she knew exactly what I was doing here so it wasn't a real question.

"J-just walking, and I spoke to Hanji as well!" Crap, I was making myself look more suspicious.

She crossed her arms and smirked knowingly. "You weren't here to sneek a peek at Levi I hope..."

I scratched the back of my head. "O-of course not! I was kicked out of the planning for the wedding!" "Poor you." She didn't sound sincere at all...

"Listen. You rape my brother. I'll hunt you down, gauge out your eyes and replace them with your balls. Got it?"

What-

"And you, if you hurt Armin or your child, you better look out for low lying arrows, not aimed purposefully at you of course. But a fair warning." She smirked. "I like you, We're going to get along just fine, brother- in-law."

She patted my shoulder which made me tense a little and walked back towards the tent as if nothing had been spoken.

I felt like I'd just had an out of body experience. My balls for eyes?...Guess I need to stay away from that one.

Levi isn't like that, is he...

I shook my head clearing my thoughts and headed back to the place I was kicked out of, I could see Pixis was waving his arms around.

"I thought you'd gone off to sulk my boy!"

I did sulk you just didn't see...

Everyone was standing and waiting patiently for the bride known as Levi. Pixis, like a father, adjusted my robe.