Part 2

"Have you spoken to the new guy yet?" I sat laid back in my office chair, with my feet on the desk as I spoke to Trish.

"No, I've not gotten the chance to. He's Ward C, so your specialty." She spun back and forth on her chair, her eyes flickering to the time.

6:50

Early mornings were what came with this job.

The staff were still arriving, meaning we still had a few minutes to ourselves before the day officially started.

Trish and I liked to get coffee together before work sometimes, hence the earliness.

"Is it bad I have googley eyes for the psycho?" She smirked, raising her eyebrows.

"Kinda..." I chuckled, stretching out.

"Ugh he could come from a boy band he's that fit!" I shook my head at her as she turned to the ceiling.

"Well you best be jealous, you're not in my Ward." I winked, grinning at her 'the fuck you say to me' expression.

"Hazel?" The familiar whiney voice of Ms.Harrison sounded from the nearby office door.

I jerked away from the desk, my feet falling to the floor aswell as the rest of my body. I wouldn't be caught dead with my feet on the desk.

"Hazel?" She called, her voice now present in the room.

My bun had collapsed from my pathetic fall, my long brown curls over my face.

I spat the hair from my mouth, pulling it away from my face with my fingers.

"I'm here Miss!" I quickly got to my knees, peeking over my desk as my legs remained dead. I began shrinking into my skin with a nervous smile as her eyes scanned me up and down with disgust.

Her face was wrinkled with stress lines, no make up present on her face except for a harsh application of dark pink blush. She was a big woman, who always wore ankle length box skirts and a wrinkled long sleeved white blouse. Her thin short hair was always tied back in the smallest of pony tails.

"What on earth are you doing down there?" I looked over at Trish to see her holding back laughter.

I playfully scowled at her before turning back to my boss.

"I uh dropped my pen." I coughed, forcing myself to my feet.

Her eyes looked to my hair.

It was down and messy.

Shit. Professional much?

I quickly pulled it back up into a bun, my heart beating like crazy.

"Anyway..." she began, brushing the incident off. "I've assigned you as the new patient's guard, Harry Styles."

I frowned.

"But...but I'm just a nurse? I help out here and there, I don't control patients. Yes-I get that I'm armed and know how to protect myself. I'm stronger than I look-and i'm not saying I don't want to-but he is a man Miss. Heck, a strong man. If he over powers me then how am I meant to-"

"Miss Wilder if you would stop your babbling for one moment!" She snapped causing me to instantly shut up, my eyes going wide.

She took a deep breath.

"Then you would know that there's a guard around every corner. And Mr.Styles will not harm you whilst you are in the walls of the asylum. He is the mentally insane, not you. And you know how to stop him." I nodded, my eyes trailing down to my entwined hands.